Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default UFC 147 in Brazil (Silva/Sonnen moved to 148)

Press conference going on right now.

-Sonnen/Silva has officially been moved to 148 in Vegas.

-Venue still not secured for Brazil.

Now the planned card is:

-Wanderlei Silva vs Vitor Belfort
    -TUF Brazil MW final
    -TUF Brazil LW final
    -Werdoom vs Russow
    -Jose Aldo vs TBA (they are hoping they can add this)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahahaha, Chael going for the belt at the square offs was hilarious

So my assumption is they offered Silva a huge amount of cash to move it from Rio De Janiero to Las Vegas. I am also willing to bet that based on what Dana is "suggesting" that if Silva beats Sonnen, Sonnen can never challenge for the title again as long as he is champ. However, I assume that if Silva loses the rematch will have to take place in Brazil. Chael is still Chael, but at that stare down Silva looked like he was ready to crush Sonnen.

UFC 148 Card is looking so good.

Sonnen/Silva for the Middleweight Title
    Faber/Cruz for the Bantamweight
    Griffin/Ortiz retirement match
    Bisping/Boetsch
    Le/Franklin
    Maia/Kim

I'm sold on this card.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Press conference going on right now.

-Sonnen/Silva has officially been moved to 148 in Vegas.

-Venue still not secured for Brazil.

Now the planned card is:

-Wanderlei Silva vs Vitor Belfort
    -TUF Brazil MW final
    -TUF Brazil LW final
    -Werdoom vs Russow
    -Jose Aldo vs TBA (they are hoping they can add this)
    By the way, the new Brazil card I am not sold on at all without the Sonnen/Silva fight. Silva/Belfort could be over with in 2 minutes of round 1 if Belfort clips that chin of Wandy's. They are not sure if they can add Aldo to the card and to be honest there's not much interesting no matter who he fights. They should just dump the Brazil card and move all the fights to the UFC 149 Calgary card.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    So my assumption is they offered Silva a huge amount of cash to move it from Rio De Janiero to Las Vegas. I am also willing to bet that based on what Dana is "suggesting" that if Silva beats Sonnen, Sonnen can never challenge for the title again as long as he is champ. However, I assume that if Silva loses the rematch will have to take place in Brazil. Chael is still Chael, but at that stare down Silva looked like he was ready to crush Sonnen.

UFC 148 Card is looking so good.

Sonnen/Silva for the Middleweight Title
    Faber/Cruz for the Bantamweight
    Griffin/Ortiz retirement match
    Bisping/Boetsch
    Le/Franklin
    Maia/Kim

I'm sold on this card.
    The fight between Boetsch and Bisping could potentially be the #1 contender fight too.

This card has some star power on it but it's bound to be boring. Beyond the first 2 that is. Just those 2 fights alone make this event a must see for July 4th weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckery View Post
    The fight between Boetsch and Bisping could potentially be the #1 contender fight too.

This card has some star power on it but it's bound to be boring. Beyond the first 2 that is. Just those 2 fights alone make this event a must see for July 4th weekend.
    I look for Maia/Kim to be boring but I'm hoping Maia can step it up going down a weight class. Based on the changes I saw with Bisping during the Sonnen fight I expect Bisping/Boetsch to be fun. I don't think it's a number one contender match though if Anderson Silva wins. I think the winner of Bisping/Boetsch will fight Munoz for the title shot. As far as Grffin/Ortiz goes I am hoping both come to fight especially Ortiz.

Just a aside note though, I hope Silva beats Sonnen. Not because I hate Sonnen but because I don't want to see a champion who's main deal for beating opponents is sitting on them and occasionally submitting them.

I always maintained that Chael forced the change in venue but I give him credit for actually flying to Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    I look for Maia/Kim to be boring but I'm hoping Maia can step it up going down a weight class. Based on the changes I saw with Bisping during the Sonnen fight I expect Bisping/Boetsch to be fun. I don't think it's a number one contender match though if Anderson Silva wins. I think the winner of Bisping/Boetsch will fight Munoz for the title shot. As far as Grffin/Ortiz goes I am hoping both come to fight especially Ortiz.

Just a aside note though, I hope Silva beats Sonnen. Not because I hate Sonnen but because I don't want to see a champion who's main deal for beating opponents is sitting on them and occasionally submitting them.
    Partial disagreement. Boetsch is not ready for a shot. Bisping has earned his shot, even if he has no real chance of winning.

END COMMUNICATION

I would think Aldo vs Hioki is definite now if he is being lined up for June now

I think the UFC was waiting for Poirier vs Korean Zombie to happen and see if the winner comes out fine to fight in Calgary but this would make it seem Hioki is a lock now
    Andy Wang #1 P4P