Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Aldo is rumoured to be fighting Eric Koch

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Aldo is rumoured to be fighting Eric Koch

guy goes from brookins to title shot. He was to fight Poirier and got injured, now gets a title shot because Zuffa wants to give the Brazilian fans Aldo.

DAna talks the security measures they took when he and Shell flew to Brazil (from the main page).

If you thought concerns for Chael Sonnen’s safety getting in and out of Brazil were overblown, think again.

Sonnen and White were in Rio de Janeiro for Tuesday’s announcement that Sonnen’s rematch withAnderson Silva was being moved from the champion’s home country to the loaded UFC 148 card in Las Vegas on July 7. White detailed the level of security that was needed to get the controversial challenger out in one piece.

"With the stuff he said and everything else, we made sure we had proper security," White said. "We had seven guys with us who do this for a living. We mapped out the whole route. We literally landed at the airport in Rio, went through customers, then jumped on helicopters that took us right through to the hotel. I came in the front door and we put him through the side door, had him in a holding room."

Sonnen, of course, has a history of making outrageous comments about Brazil in general and Brazilian fighters in specific. Even though he was in hostile territory, Sonnen didn’t do much to defuse the situation.

"You know those disguises with the mustaches and the glasses you get at a joke shop?" White asked. "He had one of those on and he said ‘you wonder how I got into this country, this was my disguise.’ He says, ‘everyone was asking me if I was one of the Nogueira brothers, and the people were asking, which Nogueira brother was I, the fat one or the bald one? The one that was good or the one that was never good?’"

When a post-press conference media scrum with Sonnen starting going south, said White, they knew it was time to get the mouthy middleweight from Oregon out the door.

"We did a scrum with him, the reporters were getting really aggressive. Someone got him with a shock pen, all kinds of stuff like that. He went out the side door, I went out the front door, we got back in the helicopters, got him back through customs, got him on a plane, and got him out of there."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

Sonnen had a security detail and they did evasive entry and exit procedures. Maybe its best they did move the fight to Vegas.

Repent Ash, repent!

Hahaha a shock pen? wtf?

In related news, Looks like Anderson really didn't want the fight to go to Vegas. Sounds like he got a little extra money out of it in the end though.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...sonnen-rematch

Quote Originally Posted by jmose86 View Post
    Hahaha a shock pen? wtf?

In related news, Looks like Anderson really didn't want the fight to go to Vegas. Sounds like he got a little extra money out of it in the end though.

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...sonnen-rematch
    You had to know that due to the venue change Silva was gotta get a larger portion of money.

So, who you liking? I'm still taking Anderson in a KO.

Quote Originally Posted by bodyhead View Post
    So, who you liking? I'm still taking Anderson in a KO.
    Right now I am going with Silva but it is not a confident pick by any means. If Sonnen got destroyed by Silva I wouldn't be surprised. If Sonnen does the whole lay on you and pat your face thing to a decision I wouldn't be shocked; and if Sonnen got submitted again I wouldn't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    Right now I am going with Silva but it is not a confident pick by any means. If Sonnen got destroyed by Silva I wouldn't be surprised. If Sonnen does the whole lay on you and pat your face thing to a decision I wouldn't be shocked; and if Sonnen got submitted again I wouldn't be surprised.
    Yeah, those are all pretty safe when you think about it. A weird kind of fight

Given the fact that Sonnen is tough as nails I wouldn't go wagering on an Anderson Silva KO.