Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default

haha yeah. I never read this thread because as I said I don't like Gervais. British Office looks funny from what I have seen, but I have never actually watched it. But that movie he was in with ghosts looked horrible and he looked bad in it, he was an annoying douche at whatever that awards show was, and he just seems unfunny. But then I read pretty much every other post so I thought I would check this one out. Show seemed funny because of Karl and like I said I have hbogo on the xbox so I thought I guess i will try it out (i also loved steve merchant in Portal 2) . Was awesome and I couldn't quit watching it haha. Looove Karl, dude is ****ing hilarious. Gonna watch it again then I guess I will try to find An Idiot Abroad.

also still don't really like Gervais. His laugh is annoying and he still seems like a douche.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm impressed with how well read Ricky seems. Perhaps it's just the contrast of Karl being around, but he seems like a very intelligent guy.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm impressed with how well read Ricky seems. Perhaps it's just the contrast of Karl being around, but he seems like a very intelligent guy.
    For sure Karl helps his case but he is definitely educated. A lot of people dislike his comedy and his views but he is quite knowledgeable. As an outspoken atheist his twitter wars with fundamentalists are epic. He was on Opie and Anthony a couple weeks ago talking about this, being well read, and some other topics. If you like it there is another episode from maybe a year ago when he is on with Louie C.K. somewhere on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxgd6PVteZY

I'm just passing this on for anyone who might enjoy it. So if you aren't a fan of Ricky, or touchy with the subject of religion I wouldn't bother. Not trying to go down that road with this thread.
    Last edited by jmose86; 05-02-2012 at 11:23 AM.

4. Default

So how is An Idiot Abroad? Obviously it is very different from the Gervais show.

Quote Originally Posted by IchiTheKiller View Post
    So how is An Idiot Abroad? Obviously it is very different from the Gervais show.
    Well the basic premise is Gervais and Merchant decided in their mission to introduce Karl to the world they would send him around the globe with a camera crew to see the modern 7 wonders of the world. It is unlike any other travel program obviously because Karl's perspective varies greatly from the average person. Also, Steve and Ricky basically force him to go to places and experience things along the way that they know he will hate.

It basically is an hour long episode of Karl bitching about how bad everything is. From the common person's perspective, he gets this amazing once in a lifetime opportunity to fly around the world and see the things many dream of that they will never get the chance. The thing you have to understand is that he truly doesn't see the significance of any of these things, and really hates traveling. It can be really aggravating and all together cringe-worthy at times, and other times you feel a lot of empathy for him.

As for how is it? It is a bit more polarizing than the RGS I would say. You are a step ahead of the average viewer, because at least you know who Karl is already so won't be completely clueless as to his character in general. Still, you are going to either love it or hate it, and it might be something worth checking out one episode to see which is the case.

Maybe someone on here will know the answer to this.

I've been listening to the XFM show and apparently they also aired it live over the internet via webcam. Are any of these videos still floating around out there?

Quote Originally Posted by michaeld View Post
    Maybe someone on here will know the answer to this.

I've been listening to the XFM show and apparently they also aired it live over the internet via webcam. Are any of these videos still floating around out there?
    Afraid not. I've looked before, and a quick search at Pilkipedia confirms there is only this scene where Ricky pops a cork off Karl's head. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWyAVoMGUds

Besides that, just a couple of still photos.

http://www.pilkipedia.co.uk/wiki/ind...le=Xfm_Gallery

Let me guess, you were looking for the grapes/hamburger incidents

Is everyone sure that Pilkington character, and jmose's avatar, aren't based on Dana White? Look at his face in the photo below. It's almost a perfect match...

It's close, but his head isn't nearly round enough... "like a ****ing orange"

Did you guys hear about an Idiot Abroad 3? From what I understand it's going to be 2x60 minutes specials and will have Karl Pilkington going on a bicycle journey with Warwick Davis (celebrity midget actor guy) riding in a basket on the front. It sounds brilliant. hahaha