Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

Default Mark Munoz vs Chris Weidman, main event for UFC On Fuel TV 4 in July

mmafighting

A five-round middleweight clash pitting Mark Munoz against Chris Weidman has been tapped as the main event of UFC on FUEL 4.

The summer event is slated for July 11, 2012, though a location and venue have yet to be confirmed. UFC officials broke the news on Tuesday night's episode of UFC Tonight.

Munoz (12-2) rides into the bout sporting a four-fight winning streak, including a trio of victories last year over the likes of C.B. Dollaway, Demian Maia and Chris Leben that pushed his name into title contention. Munoz was previously booked to fight Chael Sonnen in a No. 1 contenders bout at UFC on FOX 2, however the 34-year-old abruptly withdrew from the event less than two weeks out due to an influx of bone spurs in his elbow.

Munoz's exit paved the way for Weidman (8-0) to enter as a late replacement at UFC on FOX 2, where he ultimately earned the biggest win of his career by out-pointing Maia for a unanimous judges' nod. The former two-time All-American trains under the guidance of former UFC champion Matt Serra and is 4-0 thus far in his brief UFC career, counting dominant victories over Alessio Sakara, Jesse Bongfeldt and Tom Lawlor.
    Last edited by Best80smovieRAD; 04-25-2012 at 06:56 AM.

I got Munoz taking this to go on and face the winner of Bisping/Boestch for the #1 contender if Sonnen loses.

I dunno Munoz had that elbow surgery and its going to be a long layoff for him. Weidman with a full camp could be a tough task. I'm going with Weidman by decision

Weidman than fights Bisping for #1 contender

It will be interesting who Hector Lombard gets right away to get into that mix

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    I dunno Munoz had that elbow surgery and its going to be a long layoff for him. Weidman with a full camp could be a tough task. I'm going with Weidman by decision

Weidman than fights Bisping for #1 contender

It will be interesting who Hector Lombard gets right away to get into that mix
    Removing bone chips is a relatively minor surgery with a generally quick recover time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Removing bone chips is a relatively minor surgery with a generally quick recover time.
    ahhh, didnt know

I still think Weidman takes it though. I really think he's going to be champ one day

I'm not a big fan of either of these guys. I hope this fight changes that.

Pretty evenly matched fight... Wasn't that long ago when Munoz was considered every bit of the amazing prospect that Weidman is today.

Although I suppose his bandwagon was crushed pretty early on by a Hammill Headkick

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    ahhh, didnt know

I still think Weidman takes it though. I really think he's going to be champ one day
    Weidman has really come a long way. I have been impressed. Im not sure if he is champ material but he keeps getting better and has a good gas tank.