Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Any Good / Favorite Short Films?

Not sure if this has been discussed. A quick look through several pages on the A.V. forum and a search didn't turn anything up. If I'm wrong let me know.

Anyway, wondering if anyone has a favorite or knows of any good short films. Preferably readily available on Youtube or another site. I don't know of too many good ones myself, not for lack of desire to watch them though. Any genre is acceptable: drama, comedy, animation, documentary, or other.

Was thinking about this after I stumbled back upon this trailer today. It is several months old and found it interesting when it first came out. Called Keloid from VFX company Big Lazy Robot (BLR), the description is long and complicated, but basically deals with the concept of A.I. and the possibility of a future where robots turn on humans. The entire trailer/film is CGI only with no live action filming which is amazing IMO. No release date yet, but I will post the trailer below, along with their only other short film I could find below that.

This one is called The Gift

Last edited by jmose86; 04-27-2012 at 10:36 AM.

"He does lots of weird zen crap and philosophies to keep himself grounded." Thekillerkiwi

I'll do a bit of advertising for the Danish movie industry and post a Danish short film. It's subtitled by the way, just as a warning for the lazy bastards who can't be bothered to read during the film:

Scorsese made a nice Hitchcockian film from some of Hitch's script that surfaced a few years back, I think it starred The Mentalist. Looked pretty good to me. Other than that I'm drawing a complete blank at this very instance.

Quote Originally Posted by kimura View Post
    Other than that I'm drawing a complete blank at this very instance.
    Similar situation with me. I know I have come across a few great ones in the past but unlike feature-lengths they fade from memory pretty fast.

Here's a couple recent documentary style.

Can't embed this one, but it's a docu-bio about a man with a few weeks to live. I will go ahead and add that if you are not familiar with Wimp.com it's a great no-frills daily video site that always has the best viral/funny/interesting videos. Unlike others they tend to have a lot of interesting science/technology clips and not a lot of garbage. Worth a checking out or bookmark for the now and then spare time viewing.

http://www.wimp.com/whenconversation/

Another doc style:

Couple of fun animated ones...

Depending what you consider short,

but I would have to say the Wallace and Gromit claymation films are excellent. Think there is 3 of them. Bout 30 mins long a piece. They are truly awesome. Never saw but made a full length movie as well.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    Depending what you consider short,

but I would have to say the Wallace and Gromit claymation films are excellent. Think there is 3 of them. Bout 30 mins long a piece. They are truly awesome. Never saw but made a full length movie as well.
    Haven't seen the full length movie either but I have seen at least one of the short films. Watched it in a math class one day because we had a teacher who loved that stuff and had us watch it when there was a sub.

Just remembered this animated one. One of my favorites, and impressive considering it was done independently and not by pixar or a studio.

"He does lots of weird zen crap and philosophies to keep himself grounded." Thekillerkiwi

My friend Mike does short films, most of which are weird but good.

http://mmadadi.com/
    "The power of the people is much stronger than the people in power"