Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default First up for Hector Lombard: Brian Stann!

Damn solid test for Lombard's first match-up in the UFC. I'm pumped for this fight! Could go either way, but if Stann gets the KO, then Bellator looks baaaad.

Hector Lombard To Make UFC Debut Against Brian Stann

UFC president Dana White was in a giving mood today. Just minutes after confirming a bout between Mauricio Rua and Thiago Silva, Dana confirmed another huge bout, this time in the middleweight division. Former Bellator middleweight champion Hector Lombard will make his UFC debut against The All-American, Brian Stann.

Lombard (31-2-1, 1 NC) defeated Jared Hess for the inaugural Bellator middleweight title in mid-2009 and successfully defended it once. He also picked up wins in four other Bellator non-title fights. The Cuban-Australian fighter is on a 24-fight unbeaten streak and was one of the faces of the Bellator organization, but couldn't come to terms with the promotion and moved over to the UFC. Stann (12-4) is coming off a first-round knockout of Alessio Sakara at UFC on Fuel 2 earlier this month.

No date or location has been set for the bout, but you can probably expect it sometime in July or August.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/4/29...white-mma-news

F i r e w o r k s. I love it!

I wouldn't say Bellator looks bad if he loses to Stann. Stann is a bad, bad man. So is Lombard though.. I can't fault either guy if they end up KO'd here

Good first fight. Pretty even matchup, but leaning towards stan a bit. Both guys have sledgehammer fists, but Stann can take it as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Damn good fight. War Amurrica! **** yeah!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

This is usually the kind of debut fight guys in Lombard's shoes lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Damn good fight. War Amurrica! **** yeah!
    They could go all USA vs Cuba angle on this fight and just advertise the sht out of Stann being a marine. The patriotism in the arena would reach an intensity not experienced since 1783!

Supposedly will be at UFC on Fox 4, which I believe is July

Should be good. I think Stann will be able to bully him in the clinch despite Lombard's Judo pedigree due to his size. Lombard has much faster hands though. I'm taking Stann, but only because he has been facing tougher competition. I say even though Lombard I'm sure has extremely high confidence due to his winning streak.
    Have you tried NOT being a mutant?
    *Iceman's parents in XMen 2*

STann has indeed beenfacing tougher comp than Hector. The Bard better amp up his game or the Rine is going to beat him down like its Iwo Jima.

Repent Ash, repent!

Wow wow wow, incredible first fight for Lombard.

This will help clarify if he is the real deal right off the bat. Great matchmaking!