Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Lombard doesn't get enough credit for his resume lately. Since Shlemenko he has finished four game and experienced UFC veterans in Prangley, Taylor, Vitale and Doerkson. Not like these guys are absolute world beaters or anything. But they're all legitimate opponents around the skill level of the bottom third of the UFC's division. He took them all out inside 12 months. I've not paid enough attention to these fights. Need to watch them all to see how well he performed exactly. None of those opponents were cans.

I kind of want Lombard to win, just to make it more interesting at 185. Right now Stann winning doesn't do much for him, but Lombard is a fight that can be sold.

I think the winner of this fight needs to fight the winner of Vitor-Wanderlei
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    LOL @ Wanderlei suddenly, possibly in the title picture.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    LOL @ Wanderlei suddenly, possibly in the title picture.
    i agree but let's be clear that I see Vitor ending the fight within the first minute. So Stann-Lombard should fight Vitor
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Lombard wants random testing for this fight for some reason

Bellator Middleweight champion Hector Lombard, newly signed to the UFC as of last week, has tweeted an unusual request: "Can we make a random drug test before my fight???"

Lombard, an extremely well-muscled 185 pounder, is apparently responding to the controversy surrounding UFC Heavyweight and former Strikeforce, Dream and K-1 champ Alistair Overeem who has struggled with drug testing since joining the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by thelegend View Post
    Lombard wants random testing for this fight for some reason
    The Anti-reem

As odd as this sounds, I'm thinking the UFC wants Hector to win so they can shove a fresh match up in front of the Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    As odd as this sounds, I'm thinking the UFC wants Hector to win so they can shove a fresh match up in front of the Spider.
    I'm a bit surprised at this match-up. If you look back at the thread announcing the signing of Lombard, quite a few people we're expecting a lot easier opponent for him first. If we are going to get a bit conspiracy theory on this, I would be more inclined to say that the UFC is setting him up for a loss to show the prowess of UFC contenders compared to Bellator champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    Dont forget bisping is constantly out there, floating... I think if lombard wins itll be a pick em between vitor, bisping, munoz for a title shot

I