Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sriderz View Post
    lol... bader is just a less rounded, slower (although possibly physically stronger) version of evans, imo it will go very similar to the machida evans fight.
    I think some people here are thinking he can hurt Machida with a punch... I don't see it either

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I love Machida. On paper this is an easy win for him, but with that said, all 3 of his losses have come via some sort of enormous mental lapse in his gameplanning. When you're losing to guys you have the capacity to beat, that's not only a great annoyance and money-loser to me, but it's also something likely to happen again in the future. That may sound like a classic case of Gambler's Fallacy, but it's reality in combat sports. Some guys are just more prone to being upset than others, and I believe Machida is one of those guys unfortunately. Seeing him smoke Bader in a round wouldn't shock me, nor would Bader pulling off an improbable upset.
    I think you are wrong here. Game plan mostly comes before the fight and a mental lapse isn't what resulted in the losses.

The second Shogun fight was a long time after the first. A lot of fans turned against him after the first fight because they felt Shogun was robbed. Let's face it, the fans typically remember what happened towards the end and forget the early part of the fight. People (Dana White and Rogan) kept saying Shogun won the fight. I wasn't watching MMA at the time but the fans and media probably accused him of being a point fighter etc.. It probably got to his head that he has to finish Shogun ( I think I have seen some interviews where he said this.) He came out too aggressively for his own good and seemed to do well until that one punch from Shogun got through.

The Rampage fight is where you may have a point. The KO seemed to make him fight cautiously, but I still think he clearly won that fight. His game plan added to the judges' incompetence.

The Jones fight was going well, at least better than most expected. What caused him to stop maintaining the distance as he did in the first round, I do not know. Perhaps that was the plan all along, to close the distance in the second round. Whatever it was, it didn't work.

If you are talking about mental lapses in his game plan that is discussed in between rounds, you may be right. But if you are talking about his strategy before the fight starts, it is hardly mental.

Anyway, this is only what I think happened, right or wrong you are free to reply.

Initial reaction is Bader gets dropped. I really find it hard to imagine anything else happening. I think his striking is just a little to much for the experience level Bader is at right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheIcon View Post
    Initial reaction is Bader gets dropped. I really find it hard to imagine anything else happening. I think his striking is just a little to much for the experience level Bader will ever be at ever
    Fixed

Let me guess.....the winner of this match gets Gufstaffon for the #1 contendership and the loser gets Phil Davis?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    Let me guess.....the winner of this match gets Gufstaffon for the #1 contendership and the loser gets Phil Davis?
    Nah, he'll have to fight someone as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I agree that it's a decent fight to make rankings-wise, but Machida's going to make Bader look like he doesn't belong in there.

Bader has nothing for Machida IMO. The Dragon will dance beautifully karate circles around him and Bader will whiff with loaded up right hands until his button is pushed.

Bader may score a takedown early, but short of hurting Lyoto with a Hail-Mary and following up on the ground, he won't have much success on the mat either IMO - IF he can even take Machida down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckery View Post
    I think some people here are thinking he can hurt Machida with a punch... I don't see it either
    That's about the only thing he has going for him in this fight. Bader hits hard and Machida has awful recovery when hit so if Bader was to win this is how he will do it.
    Have you tried NOT being a mutant?
    *Iceman's parents in XMen 2*

Just gonna throw this out there as a reminder

Andy Wang #1 P4P