Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chael Sonnen on Rampage: "He's a crybaby."

http://www.fightcove.com/video-chael...ei-silva-more/

On Quinton “Rampage” Jackson Leaving The UFC
    “I think he’s going to come out one more time. You know, Quinton is really good, and I’m not sure why. I don’t have the foggiest idea what he’s good at. He can’t wrestle a lick, I don’t believe he knows any submission, he’s got no real competitive boxing or kickboxing, but he is a fantastic fighter when you stick him in the cage and you turn him loose. You know, I think he’s got a place, but he’s a crybaby, he’s a real ‘poor me’ guy. He comes in, he takes all the money, he takes all the money, he takes all the spotlight, and it’s still not enough. And, you know, it’s coming down to, you know, guys showed him respect for a lot of years but now he’s just a nuisance. You know, you want to come around me talking that crap; I’ll smack you down so fast. You know, you think you have problems with Ryan Bader, you know don’t even try that stuff with some of us that have, you know, kicked and scratched and clawed while you, you know, you’ve been eating at the trough for years. So, you know, ‘Rampage’ has a place, but you know if he doesn’t want to fight anymore, he doesn’t have too.”
    Also discusses Anderson, Wanderlei, and a myriad of other topics...

Last edited by flarg; 05-03-2012 at 10:37 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Unfortunately all this does is lessen the strength of the case that Whaaampage goes whaaa. No-one takes anything Sonnen says seriously.

Nah Rampage has been crying so much the past few years, that even Chael can't change that perception.
    Have you tried NOT being a mutant?
    *Iceman's parents in XMen 2*

I usually want to muzzle Sonnen but his quoted comments on Rampage are spot on.

It appears Chael isn't done with Rampage yet. Here's a recent Sonnen tweet:

A guy on the ROSTER is DUCKING FIGHTS until his contract expires!For legal reasons,I can't say his name, but it rhymes with JENTON QUACKSON!

Chael is taking on Jon Jones next, of course. So I wonder what's motivating him to keep antagonizing Rampage? Maybe he doesn't need any particular motivation, it's just what he does. But he usually targets guys he wants to take on next. He should keep his full concentration on Jones, cause he can't afford to take a worse pounding than what he's already got coming.

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/1/2/382...ducking-fights

Did I miss something? Isn't Rampage fighting Glover at the end of the month?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Splatoon View Post
    Did I miss something? Isn't Rampage fighting Glover at the end of the month?
    pretty sure chael is aware that Jones is going to whoop him. So he is baiting Rampage to stick around after the Glover fight and Chael can get another big payday

it isnt like Forrest is going to get ppv sales going

Chael realizes he's going to get killed by Jones and is trying to hype up and sell a main event type fight at 205 that he thinks he can win.

Nothing more, nothing less. Chael realizes that he won't be getting a title shot again any time soon and is simply looking for the best combo of a high pay, easy fight.

I hate his blabberin quite a bit. At times I agree at times I don't at times I think he is just hyping. However I have to give him credit. If its not broke don't fix it. His gimmick gets him fights. Gets him paydays. So its hard for me to to badmouth him to much. I do agree with what he says about Whaampage though.

From Chaels twitter:

chael sonnen@sonnench

***NEWSFLASH***!!! Quentin Jackson was NOT arrested today. Local police and UFC have no explanation, both promise return to form tomorrow

***NEWSFLASH***!!! Quentin Jackson refuses fight w/cardboard "standee" of Uriah Faber at MMA memorabilia store; cites "Fear of Paper Cuts".

I laughed.
    Last edited by skeletonrock; 01-03-2013 at 12:37 PM.