Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down urijah vs?? for interim strap

Dana confirmed faber will fight a tba for the interim strap. Should come down to mayday or barao. I vote barao so faber can be beaten to a pulp again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I might be grasping at straws here, but Barao doesn't speak English last time I checked.. That could be one reason they are choosing to keep Cruz on as a TUF coach, because Barao is the replacement but there is a language barrier so he can't take over.

Now thats a fight they should have on free tv. Faber/barao...you're giving up an interim title fight, plus all the 16 year old girls will tune in for faber.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemony Snicket View Post
    Dana confirmed faber will fight a tba for the interim strap. Should come down to mayday or barao. I vote barao so faber can be beaten to a pulp again.
    I don't think they've ever changed coaches mid season? As long as Cruz is capable of being there and coaching the guys, I doubt they even considered changing coaches. It's not just Cruz, but his whole team has cleared their calendars to be there for several months. It's very unlikely they could even think of switching coaches mid season.

I think Barao deserves the shot, Mayday's time will come soon.

They badly want Faber to wear gold so it might be a gimme fight.

Sinners repent!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundhouse View Post
    I don't think they've ever changed coaches mid season? As long as Cruz is capable of being there and coaching the guys, I doubt they even considered changing coaches. It's not just Cruz, but his whole team has cleared their calendars to be there for several months. It's very unlikely they could even think of switching coaches mid season.

I think Barao deserves the shot, Mayday's time will come soon.
    I vaguely recall titto being replaced by franklin vs chuck.

But i agree, make mayday vs menjivar for #1 contender and barao vs faber for interim belt. With cruz blowing his ACL you have to expect he'll be out for about a year. More than enough time to have a defense or two.

Dana was pissed Tito knowingly had a back issue and agreed to the fight and coach spot anyway. All tuf coaches get a goody and a shot at a free 10 G's. Dana probably figured that was his motive.

Dana just confirmed that Cruz wont be replaced as coach

As far as who fights Faber, I think Barao makes the most sense but in terms of who Zuffa probably wants, I think the first choice is Mcdonald.

I expect Menjivar vs Barao or whoever replaces Barao will be #1 contender as well on that card
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Bararo or however you spell it and he easily beats Faber

I think they should have stripped Cruz since he will be out for almost a year and then given him an immediate title shot once he's recovered.