Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Who wins? (multiple votes allowed)

Voters
34. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Barnetto > Cormier

17 50.00%
  • Barnetto < Cormier

16 47.06%
  • El Nino > The Punk

27 79.41%
  • El Nino < The Punk

4 11.76%
  • Feijao > Kyle

24 70.59%
  • Feijao < Kyle

7 20.59%
  • Nuh-uh > the Spangler

12 35.29%
  • Nuh-uh < The Spangler

8 23.53%
  • JZ > IVF

24 70.59%
  • JZ < IVF

2 5.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Default Strikeforce: Heavyweight Grand Prix Finale (Saturday 5/19/12)

Saturday 5/19/12 on Showtime and Showtime Extreme

Main Card (Showtime 10 pm Eastern)

Josh Barnett vs Daniel Cormier (Heavyweight GP finale)
    Gilbert Melendez (champ) vs Josh Thompson (lightweight title fight)
    Rafael Cavalcante vs Mike Kyle
    Nah-Shon Burrell vs Chris Spang

Prelims (Showtime Extreme )

Gesias JZ Cavalcante vs Isaac Vallie-Flagg
    Guto Inocente vs Virgil Zwicker
    Derrick Mehmen vs Gian Villante
    Quinn Mulhern vs Yuri Villefort
    Bobby Green vs James Terry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sinners repent!

There is some drama going on in a twitter war between Front Row Brian and Josh Thomson as FRB reported the Punk hurt his knee to which the Punk responded.

http://www.MixedMartialArts.com/news...m-knee-injury/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Sinners repent!

Barnett is a legend of the sport and one of the most consistently great and underrated guys in MMA history.

Still, I feel as if Cormier is coming in with unbelievable confidence and hunger for championship gold. Something Barnett probably isn't going to match at this point in his career.

Cormier is a premier rassler with heavy hands. Barnetts striking is always ugly and he gets marked up by everyone before taking it to the ground and embarrasing them. Dangerous to let Cormier hit him in the face as it could be lights out. Still, Im picking Barnetts experience over Cormiers rising star.

And then its prediction time once the fight is over.

If Barnett wins, he gets one more match in Strikeforce and is then cut loose to go back to Japan. Cormier is immediately hired into the UFC.

If Cormier wins, he is immediately hired into the UFC, Barnett is let go and the SF heavyweight division is killed dead.

Dana wants Cormier but not Barnett and thats how its going to be.

Sinners repent!

Cromier
    Melendez
    Feijo
    The black guy with a funny profile picture
    JZ

Pretty weak card tbh

i think you're gonna see cormier tag barnett to the point that barnett will need to take it to the ground... but cormier is no sergei.. cormier will defend the takedowns and will take the victory... any one know if the gp finals is 5 rounds?

also i think both barnett AND cormier get transferred into the ufc regardless

I

Quote Originally Posted by ante_up81 View Post
    i think you're gonna see cormier tag barnett to the point that barnett will need to take it to the ground... but cormier is no sergei.. cormier will defend the takedowns and will take the victory... any one know if the gp finals is 5 rounds?

also i think both barnett AND cormier get transferred into the ufc regardless

I dont know abouit Josh. Danas hate for him is STRONG. Barnett in the UFC is a hell of alot more interesting than Cormier. Barnet/Muur would be great.

Sinners repent!

Dana has said on several occasions that he sees no reason why they couldnt make it work.... Barnett is in unless he does something really, really dumb

I

Quote Originally Posted by ante_up81 View Post
    Dana has said on several occasions that he sees no reason why they couldnt make it work.... Barnett is in unless he does something really, really dumb
    Seems like everytime I see Dana comment on Barnett, its usually taking a jab at him. Both guys could make an impact in the UFC but Barnetto would jsut be more fun matchups for guys like Kane, Shane, Junior, Muur. Cormier is fine, no complaints. Id just like to see BArnett more. Barnett//Muur could be particularly good when the two big men go to the mat.

Sinners repent!

CBear, please fix the titile of the thread. I thought I missed the fight for a second there.