Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Who wins? (mutiple votes allowed)

Voters
24. Log in to vote on this poll
  • Jake > Hitman

11 45.83%
  • Jake < Hitman

11 45.83%
  • Chiesa > LaQuinta

7 29.17%
  • Chiesa < LaQuinta

12 50.00%
  • Max > Pat

11 45.83%
  • Max < Pat

6 25.00%
  • Brookins > Oliveira

8 33.33%
  • Brookins < Oliveira

12 50.00%
  • Lawrence > Cofer

18 75.00%
  • Lawrence < Cofer

1 4.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Default TUF live finale (Friday 6/1/12)

TUF live finale Friday 6/1/12

Main Card (FX 9 pm Eastern)

Jake Ellenberger vs Martin Kampmann
    Mike Chiesa vs Al Iaquinta (TUF finale)
    Max Holloway vs Pat Schilling
    Jonathan Brookins vs Charles Oliveira

Prelims (Fuel tv) 7 pm Eastern

Justin Lawrence vs John Cofer
    Mules Jury vs Chris Saunders
    Daron Cruickshank vs Chris Tickle
    Cristiano Marcello vs SAm Sicilia
    John Albert vs Erik Perez
    Jeremy Larsen vs Joe Proctor

Fuel TV line up tonight:
    5:30 pm Eastern- UFC Tonight preview of TUF finale
    6 pm Eastern- TUF weigh in
    7 pm Eastern- TUF prelims live
    9 pm Eastern- FX TUF Finale
    Last edited by Cbear; 06-01-2012 at 01:38 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is a very good card. Even the TUF contestants are a cut above the norm...def no wayne weems in this bunch. Cant wait. Jake/Martin should be a war too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I picked the Hitman and think he wins by dec after 3 rounds of technical striking. But, Jake could also either blanket Martin or land that bomb for an early stoppage. I think the Hitman pulls it out.

Im going Jake via TKO. And im going Chiesa in typical style..bad 1st round...tko victory in 2nd.

Brookins/Oliveira...theres a FOTN candidate too. On the TUF fights, Lawrence and Proctor drew the easiest fights. Tickle/Cruik, Cristiano/Sicilia and Myles/Saunders should be great fights.

Is a 5 rounder war between Kampann and the burger I heard, Jakes good I see him starting out strong with take downs and wrestling and he may land a few haymakers but if it starts to get to round 3 I feel the hitman will out work and be more technical and will have the better cardio to last 5 rounds and steal it.

Both guys know they get a shot at ufc gold or no1 spot at the very least surely.

The only thing about kampmann is can he stuff jakes take downs and out grapple him, if he can survive his bombs and wrestling round 1/2 hes got that chance, his counter boxing and moving backwards maybe deadly for Jake, his face could end up looking like a burger in the end.

I think Kampmann edges this one out somehow to derail Ellenberger. I think we get Kampmann vs Hendricks to decide who fights GSP-Condit

I want Chiesa to win but feel Iaquinta will pull it out. Regardless, both will be signed.

Brookins-Oliviera can go either way but I think Brookins takes it.

Also, thinking about it now did they really need lightweights??? I hope the majority of these guys are going to 145 after these fights. I would assume a good majority of them will indeed drop down especially with 155 being so crowded and 145 not having all that much
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

I think Kampmann edges this one out somehow to derail Ellenberger. I think we get Kampmann vs Hendricks to decide who fights GSP-Condit. They should book Ellenberger/Kampmann vs Hendricks as the co main for GSP-Condit

I want Chiesa to win but feel Iaquinta will pull it out. Regardless, both will be signed.

Brookins-Oliviera can go either way but I think Brookins takes it.

Also, thinking about it now did they really need lightweights??? I hope the majority of these guys are going to 145 after these fights. I would assume a good majority of them will indeed drop down especially with 155 being so crowded and 145 not having all that much
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Why do they feel the need to fill the card with the entire TUF cast.
    What's the point of a contest, when all the losers still get into The UFC.

I do, however, want to see Cruickshank given another chance.

Brookins/Oliveira should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Why do they feel the need to fill the card with the entire TUF cast.
    What's the point of a contest, when all the losers still get into The UFC.
    Isn't this the norm??? Don't we always get one big fight along with the TUF guys fighting each other.

I agree with the losers mostly getting signed but to defend Zuffa a bit, they do tend to clear out the guys who cant hang pretty quickly. Most of these guys are going to only get 1 more shot while a few of them will be given a 2-3 fight losing streak rope i.e Chiesa, Vick, Lawrence, Iaquinta, Pichel.
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Yeah, it's always been the norm, that's the problem.

The TUF title means absolute **** these days, but allowing every loser to still fight in the UFC, makes the title even more worthless, and the champion is less notable because of it.