Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Watching "The World According to Lance Armstrong" on CNN. Methinks this is going to be interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Watching "The World According to Lance Armstrong" on CNN. Methinks this is going to be interesting...
    Just tuning in now. Did I miss anything good?

Quote Originally Posted by jmose86 View Post
    Just tuning in now. Did I miss anything good?
    Pretty damning stuff. It was pretty much a recap of his career, testimony and interviews from those in his inner circle who watched him doping daily, and showed how he was a bald-faced liar!

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Here's the thing though - they all were cheating. Every last one of them.

So...while Lance cheated too - he still won.

There is no "clean rider" that deserved those jerseys. It's a tainted drug ridden sport, and Lance was the champion of it.
    This man wants his gold medal back:

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Pretty damning stuff. It was pretty much a recap of his career, testimony and interviews from those in his inner circle who watched him doping daily, and showed how he was a bald-faced liar!
    Caught the second half. Seemed like basically just the report in video form (not that that's a bad thing at all). Was good to visually observe the various "testimony" from Lance and the parties involved to get a sense of the just how things went down without any bias or framing that the report compilers might have injected.

Quote Originally Posted by Din Kong View Post
    This man wants his gold medal back:

Just watched that 30 for 30 film on youtube for the first time last week so I actually get that reference.

Quote Originally Posted by jmose86 View Post
    Caught the second half. Seemed like basically just the report in video form (not that that's a bad thing at all). Was good to visually observe the various "testimony" from Lance and the parties involved to get a sense of the just how things went down without any bias or framing that the report compilers might have injected.

Just watched that 30 for 30 film on youtube for the first time last week so I actually get that reference.
    You young whippersnapper. I stayed up until 2 am that night. It was electrifying. As a Canadian, I remember celebrating, but within a minute thinking "I hope he passes the drug test". I remember exactly where I was when I heard over the car radio that he failed.

Nice gold medal Carl, you HGH and stimulant ingesting hypocritical piece of sh!t. Is there a human on the planet that can actually like this guy? Great running technique in your silver, I mean gold medal winning sprint. No way you should have been disqualified for that.

by the way, a great documentary that should be watched by all.

The only bold faced liars in this story are Tyler Hamilton,Levi Lipeheimer and Hincapie who were rewarded with reduced sentences and the ability to ride in the tour by joining the witch hunt.Hamiliton and Landis are nothing but criminals who duped the public and in landis case nearly ended up in prison.Id trust the Weekly World News before I believed any of these sources.

His "inner circle" only came up with these stories when the Lance gravy train ended.Floyd coming off a drug suspension asked Lance for a job with team radio shack.Lance didn't give him one,all of a sudden he was doing transfusions with him.Lance is a bike riding legend,not an espionage legendTo believe he could pull off 200 negative tests,nor leave a clear paper trail with doctors as Hamilton,Contadour,endourain or Schleck did is far fetched.Everyone loves a conspiracy theory of money drops and motorcycle drop offs,but its beyond a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    The only bold faced liars in this story are Tyler Hamilton,Levi Lipeheimer and Hincapie who were rewarded with reduced sentences and the ability to ride in the tour by joining the witch hunt.Hamiliton and Landis are nothing but criminals who duped the public and in landis case nearly ended up in prison.Id trust the Weekly World News before I believed any of these sources.
    That's the thing that bugs me the most about this.

Like I said - I could give a fvck less about Armstrong. If he cheated, punish him. If you can't prove it, you can't prove it.

I'm not for completely throwing the process and standard that applies to everyone right out the fvcking window just so you can go on a witchhunt against a "big name". I'm even less for allowing known and confirmed cheaters to get a slap on the wrist just so you can "bag the big fish."

It really makes cycling more corrupt and look worse than if there was a guy (like Overeem) who everyone knew was cheating but just passed the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    It really makes cycling more corrupt and look worse than if there was a guy (like Overeem) who everyone knew was cheating but just passed the tests.
    That's the thing, Overoid literally ran from testing (like got on a f*cking plane and left the country to avoid it). My understanding is that Lance never refused one (at least while he was actively competing).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.