Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Finally on the verge of confessing to his drug-cheating ways??? It seems so...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/05/sp...f=sports&_r=1&

Lance to do a 90 minute interview with Oprah on Jan 17th at 9pm eastern "no hold barred".I wouldn't hold your breath in lance "coming clean" on anything.The payoff of being able to enter triathlons doesn't seem worth all the negativity.

who the **** cares anymore

his career is tarnished regardless of whatever the hell he says on oprah
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tarnished to who?Not me and many others.A bunch of people who take scammers,anonymous sources and criminals at face value sure.People who actually read the facts not so much.
    I will admit to finding it odd to see Lance linking a blog and commending it as a "balanced piece"
    "Outright angels do not win a Tour de France. That is the domain of the most talented, hard, driven, ruthless and selfish riders. Lance did what he had to do to win, and he clearly did it very well. If he cheated, he cheated the other cheats of that era, even if by doing so he also cheated an adoring public. He didn’t kill anyone along the way, and as a father of five, he’s no child molester either. For me, his punishment outweighs the alleged crimes, for a lifetime ban from all sports seems quite draconian in this day and age. I’m surprised USADA hasn’t also fixed an ankle-bracelet to Armstrong’s leg, just in case he tries to sneak into a triathlon or ultra-distance running event in disguise. Maybe in time he’ll appeal his sentence and another sport can get to see what an extraordinary athlete Armstrong still is – triathlon almost did. Sport has to be kept as pure as possible, not just for the sakes of the world’s youth, but for the bridge it offers into all walks of life. Sport transcends business and politics, two of the worst evils known to mankind. On occasion, though not often enough, sport stops wars, and it can act as a healer of racial and cultural differences too – though it still has a long way to go in that direction. The pureness of sport is worth protecting then. Except that its very spirit encourages cheating, for at the upper echelons there’s too much fame and fortune that comes with such a pure and simple thing as winning.

Link to the Oprah date and time.Also airs live on the web
    http://www.oprah.com/pressroom/Lance...s-Next-Chapter

i honestly don't care for lance or anyone out to get him. i look at him calling on oprah to be like lebrons decision process. I'm just tired of the media and everything surrounding certain people

p.s

still love you sean even if you like lance
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Tarnished to who?Not me and many others.A bunch of people who take scammers,anonymous sources and criminals at face value sure.People who actually read the facts not so much.
    I will admit to finding it odd to see Lance linking a blog and commending it as a "balanced piece"
    "Outright angels do not win a Tour de France. That is the domain of the most talented, hard, driven, ruthless and selfish riders. Lance did what he had to do to win, and he clearly did it very well. If he cheated, he cheated the other cheats of that era, even if by doing so he also cheated an adoring public. He didn’t kill anyone along the way, and as a father of five, he’s no child molester either. For me, his punishment outweighs the alleged crimes, for a lifetime ban from all sports seems quite draconian in this day and age. I’m surprised USADA hasn’t also fixed an ankle-bracelet to Armstrong’s leg, just in case he tries to sneak into a triathlon or ultra-distance running event in disguise. Maybe in time he’ll appeal his sentence and another sport can get to see what an extraordinary athlete Armstrong still is – triathlon almost did. Sport has to be kept as pure as possible, not just for the sakes of the world’s youth, but for the bridge it offers into all walks of life. Sport transcends business and politics, two of the worst evils known to mankind. On occasion, though not often enough, sport stops wars, and it can act as a healer of racial and cultural differences too – though it still has a long way to go in that direction. The pureness of sport is worth protecting then. Except that its very spirit encourages cheating, for at the upper echelons there’s too much fame and fortune that comes with such a pure and simple thing as winning.
    Not tarnished to me either.

Greatest cyclist to ever live (not that that means anything to me).

Well it looks like the cheater will finally confess. Hopefully he goes away and we only hear about cycling every 4 years like all the other sports no one cares about.

Lance Armstrong plans to admit to doping throughout his career during an upcoming interview with Oprah Winfrey, USA Today reported late Friday.

The interview, scheduled to be taped Monday and broadcast Thursday night on the Oprah Winfrey Network, will be conducted at Armstrong's home in Austin.

Citing an anonymous source, USA Today reported that the disgraced cyclist plans to admit to using performance-enhancing drugs but likely will not get into details of the allegations outlined in a 2012 report by the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency that led to Armstrong being stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life from the sport.

His representatives declined comment late Friday, including attorney Tim Herman, but Armstrong sent a text to The Associated Press early Saturday morning saying: "I told her (Winfrey) to go wherever she wants and I'll answer the questions directly, honestly, candidly. That's all I can say."

The New York Times first reported last week that Armstrong was considering making a confession.

Armstrong, 41, who vehemently denied doping for years, has not spoken publicly about the USADA report that cast him as the leader of a sophisticated and brazen doping program on his U.S. Postal Service teams that included use of steroids, blood boosters and illegal blood transfusions.

Winfrey's network announced Tuesday that Armstrong agreed to a "no holds barred" interview with her.

A confession to Winfrey would come at a time when some of Armstrong's legal troubles appear to be clearing up.

Any potential perjury charges stemming from his sworn testimony denying doping in a 2005 arbitration fight with a Dallas promotions company over a contract bonus worth $7.5 million have passed the statute of limitations.

Armstrong faces a whistle-blower lawsuit filed by former teammate Floyd Landis accusing him of defrauding the U.S. Postal Service, but the U.S. Department of Justice has yet to announce whether it will join the case. The British newspaper The Sunday Times is suing Armstrong to recover about $500,000 it paid him to settle a libel lawsuit.

Armstrong lost most of his personal sponsorship -- worth tens of millions of dollars -- after USADA issued its report, and he left the board of the Livestrong cancer-fighting charity he founded in 1997. He is said to still be worth an estimated $100 million.

Livestrong might be one reason to issue an apology or make a confession. The charity supports cancer patients and still faces an image problem because of its association with its famous founder.

The New York Times reported Armstrong might make a confession in an attempt to return to competition in elite triathlon or running events, but World Anti-Doping Code rules state his lifetime ban cannot be reduced to fewer than eight years. WADA and U.S. Anti-Doping officials could agree to reduce the ban further depending on what new information Armstrong provides and his level of cooperation.

Armstrong met with USADA officials recently to explore a "pathway to redemption," according to a report by "60 Minutes Sports" aired Wednesday on Showtime.

http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/...ey-report-says

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post
    Tarnished to who?
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by JamieMCFC View Post
    Well it looks like the cheater will finally confess. Hopefully he goes away and we only hear about cycling every 4 years like all the other sports no one cares about.
    It's almost news worthy. He should drag Carl Lewis in with him. Make it a 2 for 1 douche confessional.