Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmose86 View Post
    I only caught a couple minutes of this game when I turned it on and saw the score. Did this guy get up alright?

Also, **** everything about that call.
    Yeah he got up, but didn't come back in. Shouldn't have been a flag either IMO. That's just football. Thankfully the game was already over at that point.
    RIP Cammy

The BCS games as a whole are a freakin joke this year. Its the worse set of games I believe I can remember for a BCS slate of games. Its an absolute travesty that UGA wasnt rewarded with a bowl game. THey barely lost in the SECCG. The CGs shouldnt knock a team down if its a close game. The only two teams from a conference is ridiculous. The top teams should play in the BCS, regardless of conference affiliation. For the record Im not lobbying LSU to be in the BCS, they shouldnt. Im saying both UGA and UF belong though.

N Illinois only beat Kent St and loss to Iowa! Its not a case like Boise who plays top tier teams out of conference and beats them, plus goes unbeaten in conference. Louisville won a weak as hell Big East. Im sorry Cripp, but an 8-5 team shouldnt be in the BCS. I think UW has the skill and talent to play with just about anyone on a given saturday but their inconsistency hurt them by losing 5 games. At least the playoff is coming up soon. UW did what they had to do though by destroying Nebraska in the Big10CG.

As for my Tigers getting Clemson in the Chik-Fil-A. I think its a game LSU should certainly win. S Carolina isnt as good as they once were without Lattimore and they beat Clemson. I dont think they can handle the physicality of LSU. I just hope a fired up version shows up.
    RIP Cammy youll be missed bro

Quote Originally Posted by ACIDBATHBELFORT View Post
    The BCS games as a whole are a freakin joke this year. Its the worse set of games I believe I can remember for a BCS slate of games. Its an absolute travesty that UGA wasnt rewarded with a bowl game. THey barely lost in the SECCG. The CGs shouldnt knock a team down if its a close game. The only two teams from a conference is ridiculous. The top teams should play in the BCS, regardless of conference affiliation. For the record Im not lobbying LSU to be in the BCS, they shouldnt. Im saying both UGA and UF belong though.

N Illinois only beat Kent St and loss to Iowa! Its not a case like Boise who plays top tier teams out of conference and beats them, plus goes unbeaten in conference. Louisville won a weak as hell Big East. Im sorry Cripp, but an 8-5 team shouldnt be in the BCS. I think UW has the skill and talent to play with just about anyone on a given saturday but their inconsistency hurt them by losing 5 games. At least the playoff is coming up soon. UW did what they had to do though by destroying Nebraska in the Big10CG.

As for my Tigers getting Clemson in the Chik-Fil-A. I think its a game LSU should certainly win. S Carolina isnt as good as they once were without Lattimore and they beat Clemson. I dont think they can handle the physicality of LSU. I just hope a fired up version shows up.
    I agree 100% booooringggggg! No one wants to see Oregon vs KSU. We want to see Oregon and KSU vs SEC opponents to shut them up once and for all. Louisville? Ugh, Florida is going to monkey stomp them unless they play down to their competition like they always do.

They just posted an article about if this year was used under next years format and they had these as the 4 "playoff" teams using the criteria they will use next year:

#1 ND
    #2 Alabama
    #3 Florida
    #4 Stanford

They said because Stanford won their conference AND they beat more top 25 teams they would have gotten the nod over Oregon, KSU, Georgia etc.. At least that would be better than this current crap they have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
    I agree 100% booooringggggg! No one wants to see Oregon vs KSU. We want to see Oregon and KSU vs SEC opponents to shut them up once and for all. Louisville? Ugh, Florida is going to monkey stomp them unless they play down to their competition like they always do.

They just posted an article about if this year was used under next years format and they had these as the 4 "playoff" teams using the criteria they will use next year:

#1 ND
    #2 Alabama
    #3 Florida
    #4 Stanford

They said because Stanford won their conference AND they beat more top 25 teams they would have gotten the nod over Oregon, KSU, Georgia etc.. At least that would be better than this current crap they have.
    The only chance Louisville has is for UF to under perform because of overconfidence. Which in the case of a game like this is a lot of times the case. I think Muschamp is a good enough coach to keep them focused. A win here sets up UF for a high preseason ranking next year.

I agree, Im not into the Oregon/K-State game. I think K-State is a good team but they dont have the athletes to compete with Oregon. I know Stanford beat them but Stanford gets too see them every year. I think Oregon breaks this game open in late second or early third. K-State is physical, which is what it takes to beat Oregon, they just dont have the athletes on D to match the speed. It would be interesting to see the Oregon O go against that great UF D. UF would easily beat K-State. They are similar team but UF would be more physical, with much better speed.

The real travesty in all this is UGA not making a BCS game. They are very deserving. They barely lost to Bama. A conferences title game shouldnt be considered part of the regular season, its the post season so a loss shouldnt hurt a team in the BCS.

If those four teams were to play in a tourney Id definitely favor the winner of the Bama/UF match up.

Well Crippler has gotta be pissed. I spent the last three hours worrying our coach was going to Arky when it was his coach all along.
    LIBERALISM IS A DENTAL MISORDER

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    Well Crippler has gotta be pissed. I spent the last three hours worrying our coach was going to Arky when it was his coach all along.
    Not really pissed, but surprised really. He really had it made at UW. He's a midwestern guy (born in Ill, played at Iowa, coached K-State as a D coordinator and Coached UW). I just don't see Arkansas as a step up (except maybe pay) in terms of program. At best its a lateral move.

Now it's being rumored that Barry Alvarez is going to "coach" as a figurehead on the sidelines of the Rose Bowl, which I am fine with. Not sure how I'd feel about him coming back to coach long term as he is also the AD. That is a lot of work. Remains to be seen who Bielema takes with him. This could really hurt the program if the right hires aren't made.
    RIP Cammy

Does seem like a weird move for him and arkansas. You'd think they'd want an air raid type guy cause it'll be tough to out-recruit bama and lsu. Run something different and get an advantage that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    Does seem like a weird move for him and arkansas. You'd think they'd want an air raid type guy cause it'll be tough to out-recruit bama and lsu. Run something different and get an advantage that way.
    Well it wil be interesting to see. Bielema is a D guy by trade. He really lets his O coordinator run the ship on offense. He was smart enough to have guys recruit to what the strengths of Wisconsin were. I wonder if he changes philosophy now that his recruiting situation will be different.

What surprised me is that he often talked about how 2013 could be his best class yet at UW, and he walked on them.
    RIP Cammy

Kind of came out of nowhere too. I didn't even hear him mentioned in reference to that job until it was a done deal. Really weird thing.

I was very surprised when I read that Bielema is taking the Ark job. Its a lateral job which doesnt make too much sense. Honestly UW is a better job going forward IMO. I think right now UW is the third best program in the Big Ten. They are kind of on par with UM and not too far behind OSU. Right now Ark has consistently been up there in the SEC but I see that possibly changing. Auburn has a ton of talent that hasnt been coached up, now theyre bringing in Malzahn. He will have them a high flying O again. I really think aTm is a big surprise. Sumlin is looking like a damn good coach, plus with all the buzz with Johnny Football and him there for at least one more year is going to do wonders for their recruiting.

The good thing is that Ark will never recruit like LSU or Bama. What kept them competitive is fininding under the radar kids as well as kids who fit their system well. Kids that they could coach up through the ranks. Sounds pretty familiar. I agree with Guilty, I think Ark was helped out by having a different style than most SEC schools play. Ark does a good job of recruting Louisiana and other surrounding states of kids that the top schools pass on.