Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    I'd be surprised if we're top ten next year. I'd guess 9-3 regular season and anywhere from 10-20. 8-4 would be disapointing, but this last year was disappointing and if they don't fix the holes that trend will continue. TCU might be good if Paschall gets to rejoin the team. Baylor will be losing some guys on offense so they'll probably have growing pains like this year then catch stride toward the end. ou should be worse and I hope they are. K State should not be as good. Texas should be better but I have no idea by how much.

Who is LSU losing next year?
    Who isnt LSU losing is a better question. Keke Mingo, Sam Montgomery, Eric Reid, Kevin Minter, Bennie Logan, Tharold Simon, Brad Wing, Spencer Ware, and Michael Ford. Those are all JRs leaving early. Thankfully Chris Faulk and Craig Loston return. I get all the guys on D leaving except for Logan. Simon is leaving to support his kids, if not he would return. The losses of the RBs wont hurt at all. Hill has stepped up as clearly the best back. Blue will be returning and I think they will provide a great one two punch. Not to mention next year Louisiana is producing probably the nations top TB in Leonard Fournette who appears to be a strong LSU lean as of now from what most are saying.

Miles recruits every big as good as Saban. Its the gameday coaching where he falls short. He needs to coach balls out like he use to. Thats when Miles is dangerous and at his best. When he tries to outcoach you is when he Fs up like he did this year. I think he needs to hire a legit OC and give him total reign in play calling. LSU doesnt have any 5 stars this year but its a very strong class. I think its a bit underrated actually. There will be a lot of kids who will come right in and play. I didnt see the All American game but I heard TreDavious White looks to be a stud CB. I really like this class.
    RIP Cammy youll be missed bro

Well, my heart was absolutely ripped to shreds last night after what unfolded. Im a die hard NCAA football/ND fan but dont post much here because it is basically the LSU/Wisconsin thread. No pun intended fellas. Still proud as all hell of my Irish. They had a great year!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATroms View Post
    Well, my heart was absolutely ripped to shreds last night after what unfolded. Im a die hard NCAA football/ND fan but dont post much here because it is basically the LSU/Wisconsin thread. No pun intended fellas. Still proud as all hell of my Irish. They had a great year!!
    Well you need to come here and talk college football. We all push our teams but everyone is knowledgeable about college football as a whole. Its more fun when more members are posting. It use to be the best thread but hardly anyone posts anymore outside myself, Guilty, and Crip. Every once in a while others may chime in. So spread some Irish love!

Our defensive Coordinator has been let go and the rumor is our Co-D coordinator Glen Spencer will take over. I don't understand getting rid of Bill Young just to promote Spencer. Especially when he's refused to promote Meachem or Wickline on offense. But whatever.

People were posting statistics on the message board I use for Oklahoma State and when Rob Ryan was here we had a top ten defense. Of course ou and Texas were down at the time, but I didn't realize our D was that good as recently as 99. It wasn't until Les Miles brought in Bill Clay that our defense nose-dived and hasn't really recovered since.
    LIBERALISM IS A DENTAL MISORDER

And Jo Randle has declared for the draft. It sucks, but running back is one of those positions where we are deep. So even though there will be a drop off it won't be a huge drop off. And with our receiving corps hopefully improving, offensive productivity won't suffer because of it.
    LIBERALISM IS A DENTAL MISORDER

Quote Originally Posted by ACIDBATHBELFORT View Post
    Well you need to come here and talk college football. We all push our teams but everyone is knowledgeable about college football as a whole. Its more fun when more members are posting. It use to be the best thread but hardly anyone posts anymore outside myself, Guilty, and Crip. Every once in a while others may chime in. So spread some Irish love!
    I hear ya man.. Ill be around more.

Why give up on Les Miles btw? Can you think of a better replacement for him down there?

I hear ya man.. Ill be around more.

Why give up on Les Miles btw? Can you think of a better replacement for him down there?
    Im just tired of the same ole crap with Miles. Last year was super special, but it was mostly because of the OL. The play calling has been uber conservative and predictable since the '07 title. Last year the OL still dominated despite everyone knowing what was coming. Its time Miles goes back to his strength. Which is being unpredictable, coaching with balls. He has tried to outcoach everyone since '07 when ESPN kept calling him, "The Hat"

I like Miles the man. I think he is a good man. I think he truly does care about LSU and the kids he coaches. Im not exactly who, but LSU could pretty much pluck almost any coach out there outside of a few. LSU has one of the most fertile states in Louisiana to take its pick from. Its a program that can recruit on a national level as well, especially in Ms, Fla, Ga, and Texas. Id like to see Miles get things right, but I think after the BCSCG and this year he is losing it.

Hey, don't be shy. The more the merrier. I don't care if someone is a Sam Houston State fan. College football is the best game there is.
    RIP Cammy

Quote Originally Posted by ACIDBATHBELFORT View Post
    Im just tired of the same ole crap with Miles. Last year was super special, but it was mostly because of the OL. The play calling has been uber conservative and predictable since the '07 title. Last year the OL still dominated despite everyone knowing what was coming. Its time Miles goes back to his strength. Which is being unpredictable, coaching with balls. He has tried to outcoach everyone since '07 when ESPN kept calling him, "The Hat"

I like Miles the man. I think he is a good man. I think he truly does care about LSU and the kids he coaches. Im not exactly who, but LSU could pretty much pluck almost any coach out there outside of a few. LSU has one of the most fertile states in Louisiana to take its pick from. Its a program that can recruit on a national level as well, especially in Ms, Fla, Ga, and Texas. Id like to see Miles get things right, but I think after the BCSCG and this year he is losing it.
    I understand where youre coming from. I just think hes always been a bit off the rails as a coach from the very get go.. And the fact that hes turning toward a more conventional way of coaching, combined with the 2 losses to 'Bama the last 2 years, has more heat on him now than ever. Now, that being said, had the Tigers beat the tide the 2 times i reference, i dont think thered be so much doubt. I like Les.. And i have a tough time thinking of a better fit there for you guys than him. Lets face it, he has you guys in the hunt every year regardless of the circumstances. Id be happy if ND reaches LSU's status within the next 3 years consistently, spoiled brat..

Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    Hey, don't be shy. The more the merrier. I don't care if someone is a Sam Houston State fan. College football is the best game there is.
    Amen!! (well, close anyways lol) Let me start by saying im Big 10 through and through. We dont have the talent of the south these days but its still my conference, and ill stand by it until the end. I love Wisconsin style football, minus the running the scoreboard up so much. But now that Brett is gone, maybe thats going to slow down a bit?? Your take on his exit, and what it means for the future of Wis football??

Id also like to clarify my standing as an ND fan. Im not one of the snobby/naive fans that thinks were above it all, and that God is on our side. I grew up a fan after seeing Rudy at age 8 lol.. That being said, there is something truly special about ND, and thats why i gravitate to them. Im just glad we are returning to the national stage once again.. Because ill fully admit, i was beginning to worry that our days of 10-win seasons were over. Hopefully we can remain around the top, but its going to take an even higher level of recruiting to get to SEC status. Not sure if we can get there, but if anyone is going to give us the best chance, its Brian Kelly. Thank the heavens he didnt leave for the Eagles!!

Amen!! (well, close anyways lol) Let me start by saying im Big 10 through and through. We dont have the talent of the south these days but its still my conference, and ill stand by it until the end. I love Wisconsin style football, minus the running the scoreboard up so much. But now that Brett is gone, maybe thats going to slow down a bit?? Your take on his exit, and what it means for the future of Wis football??
    Well as for the running up the score comment, I've never understood why people got offended by it. If Oregon scores 60+, they have a dynamic and explosive offense with amazing athetes. Wisconsin does it, and we are all the sudden the bad guys? It'd be one thing if we threw a bunch of bombs late in the games, but most of our blowout wins we were running the ball, they just couldn't stop it. And you can't take knees with 13 min left in the 4th quarter.

As for BB being gone I'll say this. I don't like the way he left. It was a backhanded way to deal with things. But I will give him credit where it is due. He ran a clean program, recruited some real quality student athletes, and kept true to what Wisconsin football is about. With the hiring of Gary Andersen at UW, it looks like we have a guy that is a step up in the "class" department. Remains to be seen what he puts on the field come game day.
    RIP Cammy