Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

I laugh when people complain about UW running up the score. Sometimes you cant help but put up those "over the top points."

LSU now has two 5* players according to Rivals. CB Tre Davious White and DE Frank Herron both were bumped up to 5*. I dont put too much emphasis anymore on Rivals or the other sites. USC has six 5* players and an avg of 4.43 stars. While ND is at 3.86, followed by LSU and Bama at 3.76. LSU just accepted the commitment of WR Kevin Spears. A kid who has ZERO stars. His film looks pretty damn impressive, all things considered. He is a bit raw and Im sure will redshirt. Im surprised though that he only has offers from La Tech and San Diego St.

All in all I think this is one of the better classes LSU has put together. Its not as star studded as some classes but overall I really like the talent and positions filled. A lot of DL and OL talent. LSU is also recruiting nationally better than ever. Even reaching all the way up into Illinois.
    RIP Cammy youll be missed bro

Must be nice getting 5* recruits, I wouldn't know what that's like

We lost out on Treadwell, the #1 WR, to Ole Miss. Other than that everyone says recruiting is going great, although I don't pay too much attention to it until signing day. The message boards are always "We got such and such to commit, he's a beast, he's gonna be the best blah blah blah..." then the guy commits to Nebraska a week later.
    LIBERALISM IS A DENTAL MISORDER

This $hi! is hilarious. It also shows how easily persuaded those sites really are. Kevin Spears went the ENTIRE season without even a single star. Yet, after LSU signs him he is now suddenly a 4 star on Rivals.

Im really excited about two QBs LSU is brining in, Anthony Jennings(dual threat Ga) and Hayden Rettig(pro style Ca).

We had a four star commit that had a monster senior season and dropped to no stars. I don't get it.

It's all politics.

High school/collegiate recruiting is all about making certain teams look good and the "recruiting media" "getting it right". It's a really dirty business to be involved in too - none of these teams are recruiting the way people make them out to be.

I thought for sure Acidbath would have posted by now about LSU's signees.

I read this on a message board

One player I'll be monitoring is Tevin Lawson. Lawson has been committed to LSU for quite some time, but there are some academic issues that make it uncertain whether he’ll qualify, and therefore LSU decided to revert to a greyshirt offer last week. If things are squared away with the clearinghouse in time, Lawson could still be a part of this class, but it's looking doubtful to me.

And they said Oklahoma State has a tiny little chance at this guy cause of the qualifying stuff.

So can anyone update me on what all the fuss is about Ole Miss?

I heard their coach (Hugh Freeze - which is a fvcking AWESOME name for a pimp or a supervillian) yapping about how he did everything by the book and all the other SEC coaches were banding together to make it an exclusive club or some crap.

Is this simply because people think that a school like Ole Miss can't get a top recruiting class? So they assume he bent the rules?

Because ole miss went 6-6 last year and has signed three five star and a ton of four star guys this year. It definitely looks shady in the way Ray Lewis recovery from a torn tricep looks shady.

So Hugh Freeze has been sucking on deer antlers?

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    I thought for sure Acidbath would have posted by now about LSU's signees.

I read this on a message board

One player I'll be monitoring is Tevin Lawson. Lawson has been committed to LSU for quite some time, but there are some academic issues that make it uncertain whether he’ll qualify, and therefore LSU decided to revert to a greyshirt offer last week. If things are squared away with the clearinghouse in time, Lawson could still be a part of this class, but it's looking doubtful to me.

And they said Oklahoma State has a tiny little chance at this guy cause of the qualifying stuff.
    Ive been super busy and have a lot going on.

Im very excited about the class LSU has put together this year. I was hoping we could somehow get Nkemdiche but I figured playing with his brother would win out. I dont at all get the amazing class Ole Miss put together? They will never compete year in and out with LSU and Bama for the West. Now aTm may put itself in the mix if they keep recruiting the way they are under Sumlin.

What I like most about this class is the DL. LSU picked up a surprise in DE Tashawn Bower who flipped from Auburn. DE Frank Herron was a beast in one of the All American games. I also am excited about TreDavious White and Jeryl Brazil at CB. Although both could play WR they will most likely be CBs. Having two early enrolled QBs will help as welll. I think top to bottom this is one of the better classes weve had.

To be honest Im not too sure with whats going on with Lawson.

As for the complaints surrounding Ole Miss. Im not sure, I think its sour grapes by a lot of fans. Its just weird that Ole Miss put together a class like this. Freeze must be quite charismatic.