Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie View Post
    Thanks man. If I was a Seattle fan, I would be bummed that we lost that game, for sure, but that was one hell of a comeback and I think they really proved that they are a great team.

The Falcons went into half time thinking "We got this". That **** always kills them. They got too comfy and relaxed in their lead and stopped being aggressive. Plus losing Abraham right before half time was bad news for our D.

Coach Smith pretty much said, in his post game interview, that he realized that they lost focus with that lead, which caused them to nearly loose the game. Hopefully he'll drill that into the guys' heads this week.

That's the thing that I love most about New England...they are just that team that even if they are up 20, 30 or 40 points, they always play like they are one score behind. Your job isn't over until the end of the game.

Some people are thinking that Bryant took a half hearted shot when the timeout was called, mainly to get his distance down. Dunno if that is true or not. Just happy he made the kick when it counted.

I was having a freakin' heart attack during that game. Ugh. I know it's a win, but we only seem to have ugly wins this year. Too close for comfort.

So, now San Fran. Gotta be honest, I love my Falcons....but my hopes are not so high for them like they were this game. :\ Hopefully our Defense will have a plan for Kaepernick and his crazy speed.
    Let's be honest, Jackie. As good as Atlanta played Carroll gave Atlanta the win. Had he not tried to ice Bryant, Atlanta would have lost. Seattle shot themselves in the foot. It was a solid win for Atlanta though, but I can't think of a way the Atlanta D can stop Kapernick. Wilson ran out of the pocket all day and even if he is not in the pocket you still have to worry about his WR core. The funniest part of Atlanta's win though is if you watched the Atlanta news they are more like, "See, we are winners we want a new dome."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jeff View Post
    Let's be honest, Jackie. As good as Atlanta played Carroll gave Atlanta the win. Had he not tried to ice Bryant, Atlanta would have lost. Seattle shot themselves in the foot. It was a solid win for Atlanta though, but I can't think of a way the Atlanta D can stop Kapernick. Wilson ran out of the pocket all day and even if he is not in the pocket you still have to worry about his WR core. The funniest part of Atlanta's win though is if you watched the Atlanta news they are more like, "See, we are winners we want a new dome."
    Blowing the timeout thing way outta proportion. He called the timeout way in advance. They blew the whistle, waved it off and everything, and the snapper still snapped the ball. It wasn't like Shanny waiting till last minute from a few years ago. They knew the play didn't count.

Seattle shot themselves in the foot, by playing soft on the final drive to not allow Atlanta to beat them, and instead let em move right down the field.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    Blowing the timeout thing way outta proportion. He called the timeout way in advance. They blew the whistle, waved it off and everything, and the snapper still snapped the ball. It wasn't like Shanny waiting till last minute from a few years ago. They knew the play didn't count.
    That's what I'm thinking as well, it was a half-hearted attempt by Bryant on a kick he knew didn't count. I think he was just trying to get his distance and not worried about the alignment.

But, I'm more than willing to admit that that's me being bias

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It's common for them to give the kicker a practice kick whenever they feasibly can.

Justin Tucker kicked a practice kick during the timeout break of the Ravens game. It's allowed.

And Bryant missed the first kick - but Carrol had no way of knowing that.

If you wanna ice the kicker - you call timeout before the huddle.

BTW, Carrol didnt lose the game for the Seahawks - their defense did. Atlanta should have never been in position to kick the ball anyway.

That's what I'm thinking as well, it was a half-hearted attempt by Bryant on a kick he knew didn't count. I think he was just trying to get his distance and not worried about the alignment.

But, I'm more than willing to admit that that's me being bias
    i thought he kicked it 2 secs after the whistle. calling a timeout can go either way in that spot. no need to blame carroll

i guess jack's team is who i'm rooting for the most at this point. although they might be the weakest team. second would be Balt.

Quote Originally Posted by dhk1980 View Post
    i guess jack's team is who i'm rooting for the most at this point. although they might be the weakest team. second would be Balt.
    You better not be cursed!

You better not be cursed!
    i said the giants were going to lose every single playoff game last yr and they won.

At this point I'm a huge Falcons fan, as the thought of any of the other three teams winning a Superbowl makes me physically ill.

Matt Bryant has repeatedly said in interviews all day today he wasn't trying to make the kick, he heard the whistle and almost stopped but then followed through. If you watch you can see he stutter steps and then goes ahead and kicks it.