Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

I'm not sure if I'd call what Ricci is cocky. It's certainly got elements of it... but I think it's just a sort of dissociated professionalism. For example, imagine if he lost a fight. Would he cry? Would he say he was quitting fighting/training? Would be bitch about how it wasn't fair? Or would he say he didn't approach the fight the right way and that he was going to do it right next time?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So did they not show an episode on Friday?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonrock View Post
    So did they not show an episode on Friday?
    I'm pretty sure no because of the Thanksgiving holiday.

Thoughts on tonight's episode?

Joey and John both definitely put forth softball efforts. Kind of a let down really as both guys has pretty good fights leading into the quarterfinals. Ricci/Mike didn't really go differently than anyone expected. Mike's footwork is brutal though. I realize he's somewhat of a novice to MMA and he was probably nervous, but you should never shuffle your feet like that before you throw a strike. Who wouldn't see that coming from a mile away? It's like he was an opponent in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and Mike Ricci was Little Mac.

For the semis I'm not really sure who'll win. Interesting they'd tease there's a knockout in the next episode. Despite Colton's horrid entry fight, he's been pretty solid since. Manley's first two fights were impressive, but the fight with Joey was terrible. I'll give Colton the edge though, probably by decision. Between the two fights coming up, I think a KO is more likely in the Magny/Ricci fight. If Ricci weren't so small and were more durable I'd take him over Magny in a heartbeat. Magny's a decent fighter though, he has a solid gas tank and he can take a beating. Going in a whim and guessing the hinted KO will happen in this fight, I'd favour Ricci providing that outcome.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

I'm going to say Magny gets the ko on Ricci and Colton grinds out another win on Manley.

Colton I think is going to win the whole thing just with his style. I am glad that canadian that Ricci beat though is highly unlikely to ever step foot in the UFC.

I think the only guys getting contracts will be Colton, Magny and Ricci. I think everyone else on this season is going to have to work some wins elsewhere to get the call up

I think Manley just knew Joey's was weakest off of his back and even though he wasn't good at punishing from the top his best chance of winning was LnP. So he just went out there and did it, got the W. Big Country would've been prouder if it weren't his own team beating his own team.

Ricci/Mike was a little more interesting, largely 'cause you thought there might actually be a finish as Ricci was just outclassing Mike both on the feet and on the ground. Like Ash says, Mike's little run up to strike was pretty hilarious.

I think Ricci will probably get past Magny. I'm guessing Colton KOs Manley.

The Manly/Joey fight was an absolute stinker. I was surprised because Joey looked awesome in his first fight. I don't know what happened. Horrible fight from both guys.

The Ricci fight was so-so. I wanted to see Shirtless Canadian lose an eye or at least get cut pretty bad. I'm hoping manly KOs Coulton, but I doubt it.

I think Ricci will be alot better once he gets in the UFC and starts fighting at 155, rather than 170. He's better than the 170's, but they are just bigger than him and make it difficult for him to really get his game plan going.

So it was Ricci that scored the KO. Pretty damn vicious elbow!

Magny almost ended Mazzagatti's career, coming after him in his semi-conscious state. Ha!

Gotta cheer for Ricci in the finals. He's sorta full of him self (that fine line between self-confidence and being boastful) but I lost respect for Colton in his opening fight when he pulled that touch gloves/cheap shot garbage.

And I chuckled tonight when some members of Big Country's team were telling him he sucked as a coach while Carwin's guys were singing his praises, as well as his assistants'.

Roy handled it fairly well though.

Ya nice KO for Ricci and crappy fight between Colton and John. I dont like either Ricci or Colton so I'm hoping for the double KO in the finale. I wonder if they will matchup the TUF UK vs AUS WW winner with the winner of this TUF.

Safe to say this was the worst season of TUF in history.