Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Quote Originally Posted by greatjake View Post
    Ya nice KO for Ricci and crappy fight between Colton and John. I dont like either Ricci or Colton so I'm hoping for the double KO in the finale. I wonder if they will matchup the TUF UK vs AUS WW winner with the winner of this TUF.
    they need to build both winners, so i doubt it

especially whoever wins the smashes, that winner I see getting a slow buildup to keep the uk or australia fan bases building

I could care less who wins between Colton and Ricci but i'll say Colton wins the whole thing with a boring decision win. Ricci will still be given a ufc contract due to the tri star gym affiliation and Dana liking him

First point: **** me, Manley was HUGE compared to Colton. I did not realise that prior to the fight.

I got the win predictions right but the KO prediction wrong. Plus side - it was kinda exciting for me assuming Ricci was gonna get the KO (as Colton didn't, I thought Ricci had the advantage everywhere and the ads promised a KO) and fulfilling that assumption.

Ricci will win. Only if they come out as completely different fighters a few hours from now (aka a few months from the end of the season) would that change. Colton is good at control, Ricci is good everywhere. He can avoid control, he can impose control, he can strike while avoiding control. I think he's got that **** wrapped up. Ricci is pro. On top of that, dude's got talent. Arrogant? If you feel that way, OK. I think he's just realistic. Kinda like Big Country. Came into TUF knowing he had the training that 6 weeks of good training woudln't exceed. Big Country was an old pro. Ricci is a young pro. He may not end up in the top level of UFC, but goddamnit he's pro enough to exceed the TUF 16 crowd.

I was a little surprised by Ricci's emotional reaction to beating Mangleymangleson. Not hugely - trained pros tend to be more emotional about wins than losses, especially when there's a personal element. But still. Canuck got heart.

If Ricci hasn't put on 10+lbs since the end of the TV filming he might have a bit of trouble. Colton's decent at control and could win a LnP/CagenPray result if Ricci can't use his skill because of his physical limitations. But I doubt that. I think Colton will come out of his camp thinking he's a KO champ, and Ricci will weather the initial attacks then take advantage.

Also, Big Country will smother Mitrione. I like Mitrione. I wish him the best. I hope his career goes for years. But BC will tool him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What camp does Colton train with??? Or has he not sided with anyone??

I think he beats Ricci but I think Ricci will be well prepared for Coltons wrestling

Ricci's elbow KO was ****ing awesome.

I think he should be able to beat the other guy, but he is going to be outsized and that guy likes to wrestle. That's Ricci's real challenge.

It should be noted, Ricci is a lightweight who jumped up in weight to get on the show.
    Win or lose, he'll be a UFC LW.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ricci has fought at FW before. That's likely where he ends up in the UFC. Kinda crazy he'd go to WW for the show, although he did manage to avoid the gigantic WW's by virtue of those guys being on Carwin's team for the most part.

Also, it should also be noted that elbows should be banned as they lack the concussive force to produce knockouts and only cause fight-ending cuts! ARRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Also, it should also be noted that elbows should be banned as they lack the concussive force to produce knockouts and only cause fight-ending cuts! ARRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!
    I enjoyed this post and wish to recommend it to my contemporaries.

There're no statistics whatsoever to back my claim up, but it's so obvious I'm going to spend the next decade repeating it over and over!
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.