Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Argo

I still need to see Tree Of Life, that was the movie where Sean Penn bitched because he was cut out for like all of it due to Terrence Malick being a loony?
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    I still need to see Tree Of Life, that was the movie where Sean Penn bitched because he was cut out for like all of it due to Terrence Malick being a loony?
    Never heard that, but Penn has a small part, so likely yeah.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't think Penn moaned about the editing, if I remember right there was some article where a reporter had written how he didn't understand why Sean Penn was in the movie, to which Penn replied 'neither do I'. I think it's a foolish remark as he did a wonderful job. It's not really an acting part in classical terms, the way he was cast in Malick's The Thin Red Line for example. Ben Affleck stars in Malick's next release where I read on Wikipedia that a whole bunch of A-list people have been left on the cutting room floor. But I don't think this happened too much with The Tree of Life because it was a smaller cast, a smaller group of people that Malick was filming.

The Master, I think, has been somewhat influenced by Malick. There are flashback scenes where the sound is very low, and the narration is somewhat through voice-over. However the camera isn't handheld like Malick prefers it. But this happens in just a few scenes with Joaquin and a young Norwegian girl.

Ben Affleck looked like he wanted to cry last night when Argo won best picture, i guess it was warranted. He was all but written off and now has sent a big middle finger to Hollywood
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

The over-the-top dramatization of the end of that movie ruined it for me. It was a good film right up until the last 10 minutes or so. Cheese!

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    The over-the-top dramatization of the end of that movie ruined it for me. It was a good film right up until the last 10 minutes or so. Cheese!
    Yeah, the guys chasing the plane at takeoff was laugh out loud retarded.

But then, there wasn't a lot of truth in the story anyway.

Ha ha! Iran is going to sue Hollywood for portrayal of that country in movies, including Argo. Good luck with that!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...storting-image