Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Hughes' new position is VP of Athletic Development and Government Relations. He will be in charge of code of conduct of the fighters and will also be a mentor to all the fighters.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Hughes' new position is VP of Athletic Development and Government Relations. He will be in charge of code of conduct of the fighters and will also be a mentor to all the fighters.
    i call bull****

they just gave him a title but hughes is going to be at home just collecting checks

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    A mentor to fighters in the church and at the gun range.

Hell, what other organization in the world MMA or just commercial that they take care of the employees that made the company a success. Hughes may be a douchebag but he earned his place. He was a superstar and rode him hard during that time. Now they're taking care of him. No other company out there has that kind of loyalty. Most businesses use you up as a resource then let you fade away or just dump you completely.

Respect for Dana and crew.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Actually - that's completely wrong. Most business have retirement plans to take care of their employees.

The UFC has had a retirement plan (that we know of) for a grand total of 4 people - and that's INCLUDING Bonnar and Griffin who I'm just assuming are being taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Actually - that's completely wrong. Most business have retirement plans to take care of their employees.

The UFC has had a retirement plan (that we know of) for a grand total of 4 people - and that's INCLUDING Bonnar and Griffin who I'm just assuming are being taken care of.
    Except, typically at business, people working there are employee's, not independent contractors.

I thought he was a douche too, but then I thought to myself....Hmmm, what if I could kick just about everbodies ass on this planet? I would be super douche, and everyone here would have a black eye at least.

Did good for the sport, like Aldo, Cowboy, Ben and numerous others are doing now. Don't come back Matt, just walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by RPD View Post
    Except, typically at business, people working there are employee's, not independent contractors.
    I get the difference there. I assumed the original poster was making a correlation between what is morally right with a company.

Hughes had an amazing career. One of the greatest fighters of all time. Such a dominate champ. Before the days of Silva and GSP, Hughes was the man crushing his division.

He had a lot of really memorable fights too. My favorite being his second fight with Trigg, and his second fight with Penn.

- Muay Thai / BJJ Training Blogs | Worldwide MMA

Matt will be UFC' executive VP of agricultural development with the promise of a bumper crop of soybeans in 2013. Matt had this to say, "im honored to head up this new division and plan on blowing away all the other farmers with our output. The average output is 6 tons per acre but Im bringing in Mike Dolce and he is going to squeeze out another 1.5 tons. And we have some great new sponsors lined up such as John Deere, the official combine of the UFC. Look for our debut show, fertilizing the fields, in early spring on Fuel tv."

Hell yeah.
    Last edited by Cbear; 01-26-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Repent Ash, repent!