Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

I think Chael is like Brock to a lesser degree. I think people are either fans of his routine now or are paying to watch him get beat

edit:

Take this for what it's worth, but in the past on the official ufc fight club forums they would be talking up any event in jersey for pre sales. I saw nothing going on at all in regards to Jones-Sonnen with tickets that went on sale today. I had a harder time getting tickets for Diaz-Miller on FOX than this card. Who knows anymore

It could also just be paying 54 bucks for a ppv to see an ass whooping is much different from going live and paying for it. I simply just like the experiences of being there live especially with good seats. I guess most though arent like that
    Last edited by Best80smovieRAD; 01-21-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will be very interested to see the numbers once the event is done. Could all depend on what other fights are on the card, how interested people are in the fight in general and how much people but in the hype drummed up over a Tuf season. If Chael goes full on heel the whole season, people may buy just to see him get destroyed and shut up. Maybe he will coach really well and people start to believe he is good enough again. Lots of factors in this.

As for the sales, didnt someone recently say early sales were slow for the New Years show too? Maybe people expect fights to be altered these days and just wait it out a bit longer than before the curse of 2012 began

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    I think Chael is like Brock to a lesser degree. I think people are either fans of his routine now or are paying to watch him get beat

edit:

Take this for what it's worth, but in the past on the official ufc fight club forums they would be talking up any event in jersey for pre sales. I saw nothing going on at all in regards to Jones-Sonnen with tickets that went on sale today. I had a harder time getting tickets for Diaz-Miller on FOX than this card. Who knows anymore

It could also just be paying 54 bucks for a ppv to see an ass whooping is much different from going live and paying for it. I simply just like the experiences of being there live especially with good seats. I guess most though arent like that
    Maybe it has to do with how awful the Jersey crowds are, and people swore after going to their last show in Jersey, they would never go again?!?

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    Maybe it has to do with how awful the Jersey crowds are, and people swore after going to their last show in Jersey, they would never go again?!?

hopefully by the end of 2013, I can stay in NY for shows!!!!!! Then i wont have to say how bad the jersey crowd is!!!!
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Chael and Jon did a pretty fun interview on Boomer and Carton this morning. They seemed to get along pretty damn well. I could definetly see Sonnen/Bones reality show, maybe traveling around the country.

Quote Originally Posted by wK78 View Post
    Chael and Jon did a pretty fun interview on Boomer and Carton this morning. They seemed to get along pretty damn well. I could definetly see Sonnen/Bones reality show, maybe traveling around the country.
    here they are on opie and anthony

part 1

part 2

part 3
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

ufc 159 card

jon jones vs chael sonnen
    alan belcher vs michael bisping
    phil davis vs vinny magalhaes
    pat healy vs jim miller
    cheick kongo vs roy nelson
    sheila gaff vs sara mcmann
    johnny bedford vs erik perez
    nick catone vs james head
    jimy hettes vs steven siler
    leonard garcia vs cody mckenzie
    al iaquinta vs joe proctor
    ovince st preux vs gian villante
    rustam khabilov vs yancy medeiros
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Extended preview:

Joe Proctor dropped out of his fight with Al Iaquinta couple days ago due to injury. Prior to a replacement being found/announced, Iaguinta has now been injured as well. I'm guess that means the event will just be one fight shorter.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/4/12...njury-mma-news