Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

according to mmamania, zuffa has altered the contract offer to strengthen it towards Eddies favor when he goes to court

here is the new offer

Here are the details of the new offer:

"Zuffa currently has a standing offer to Alvarez for a bout at UFC 159 in late April, but has altered its original contract offer to include the pay-per-view revenue perk (in addition to the negotiated $75,000 show and $75, 000 win purses), despite it not being a title fight. According to Alvarez's UFC offer, included in Bellator's complaint, the fighter stands to make an additional $1.00 for every buy between 200,000-400,000 units, $2.00 for each buy sold between 400,000- 600,000 units and $2.50 for each buy sold over 600,000 units."
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    according to mmamania, zuffa has altered the contract offer to strengthen it towards Eddies favor when he goes to court

here is the new offer
    Eddie's getting PAID! Oh wait... would've gotten PAID... he's now sitting without a dime while waiting for his court hearing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post

here is the new offer
    I know why Zuffa is trying so hard to sign Eddie, but its getting a little ridiculous what they are offering him.

once there was a time when people on the internet would complain that fighters werent gettin enough money and now people are upset that fighters are getting paid TOO much?

as long as my ticket and ppv prices dont go up who cares...

I

Edward Alvarez ‏@Ealvarezfight
    Fight Fans Here We Go !!! One hour til Go time , more nervous about this. Than a fight.

Looks like today is the court hearing. I hope they resolve something soon for Eddie's sake

"for Eddie's sake"

The guy is getting paid far more than what his value is as a fighter no matter how this turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    "for Eddie's sake"

The guy is getting paid far more than what his value is as a fighter no matter how this turns out.
    Unless it gets dragged out in court for a year or more. I just hope for a quick resolution. These guys have such a short timespan to compete at a high level and I would hate to see him lose a year or more due to lawyers.

FWIW, a few lawyers with MMA ties have all said it doesn't look like Eddie has a chance in this one, and all signs point to him being stuck fighting for Bellator.

The contract getting tied up in court and not allowing Eddie to fight is 100% all Eddie's doing - so I'm having difficulty feeling sympathy for him.

Isn't Eddie screwed if he goes to Bellator since the lightweight tourney is already set, who the hell will he fight???
    Andy Wang #1 P4P