Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    Rampage is going to be dealing with the same **** supposedly if Bellator offers him a deal
    Rampage's current deal with the UFC was signed March 24, 2010. Since he fought 5 times already in a 6 fight deal, he would need to wait for the time of the contract to expire. If it's really 40 months, it would have been done a looooong time ago.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That's the thing. When did this 40-month period start?

My understanding is that Eddie signed/accepted the UFCs deal thinking Bellator would never match. When they did, Eddie effectively accepted that same deal from Bellator.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    My understanding is that Eddie signed/accepted the UFCs deal thinking Bellator would never match. When they did, Eddie effectively accepted that same deal from Bellator.
    That is my understanding as well.

Bellator had a right to match any contract the UFC offered Eddie. The 40 months quote from earlier seems to be contract language from Eddie's UFC deal, implying that if the contract matching holds up, Eddie will be at Bellator for 40 months or eight fights.

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan80 View Post
    That is my understanding as well.

Bellator had a right to match any contract the UFC offered Eddie. The 40 months quote from earlier seems to be contract language from Eddie's UFC deal, implying that if the contract matching holds up, Eddie will be at Bellator for 40 months or eight fights.
    The problem of course is that Bellator can't actually "match" the UFC's contract when it includes PPV bonuses % and Bellator doesn't run PPVs and certainly can't ensure that if they did run a ppv, the amount of money generated from said PPV bonus would be equal to what a UFC PPV would pay him.

Really, the UFC should just nix the ppv bonus, turn it into a real sum of cash (which lets be honest, will be pretty high if they turned that into a real number) and then let Bellator shoot themselves in the foot to match it.

I'm actually kinda surprised the UFC didn't do that anyway.

Just assume "x" amount of buys - and guarantee that much money as a PPV appearance in the contract.

If Bellator matched - they'd have to pay that amount and guarantee a PPV appearance by such and such date. With their model now, they couldn't do that.

Aren't UFC PPV bonuses notoriously off-contract?

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan80 View Post
    Aren't UFC PPV bonuses notoriously off-contract?
    Then how would they ever get paid? Oh this time it's $1 after 1 million buys sorry you make nothing!

If it's 40 months on the new contract, why does he have to wait 40 months if he has doesn't agree to it yet? He's arguing that the Bellator contract doesn't match. Wouldn't he be waiting out on his older contract, and not the new one? Or is forced to wait out on the newer one? What happens if he his old contract expires before the litigation is done?

It makes me wonder, on his old contract, after he done all his contracted fights, why he didn't he just choose to sit that one out? Was it a lengthy period also? Because this 40-month period is in the new contract-but is it in his contract previously? Was it even a possible option for him to sit his old contract out?
    Last edited by HugeMMAFan; 01-29-2013 at 10:13 PM.

We should all remember that Eddie was basically broke from what I recall during his interviews when he was asking for a fight and ended up getting the match with Shinya Aoki. I remember him stating that they had no income at all for his family and he needed a fight desperately for the check.

So I dont know what that says about who Eddie is surrounded by when it comes to his financial deals. Whoever secured the deal could of been a pretty ****ty manager. He is now managed by the same guys who manage all of the Blackzilian camp, so things are different now.
    Andy Wang #1 P4P