Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    We should all remember that Eddie was basically broke from what I recall during his interviews when he was asking for a fight and ended up getting the match with Shinya Aoki. I remember him stating that they had no income at all for his family and he needed a fight desperately for the check.

So I dont know what that says about who Eddie is surrounded by when it comes to his financial deals. Whoever secured the deal could of been a pretty ****ty manager. He is now managed by the same guys who manage all of the Blackzilian camp, so things are different now.
    That's a great point. Bulldog DID say he was having financial problems with his MMA store.

So Rebney is on The MMA Hour today, and Eddie just tweeted to Ariel:

@arielhelani Got some questions for Mrs Rebney, maybe ill call in
    Things are about to get ugly, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by HugeMMAFan View Post
    That's a great point. Bulldog DID say he was having financial problems with his MMA store.
    It was pretty much doomed from the start.

He opened it up in his hometown hoping it would do well and that his few friends (who never would buy anything anyway) would help him get off the ground.

Long story short, it didn't, and he closed it down. I dunno if that's what caused his financial mess - but I do know he would have lost a ton of money on that deal. No one MAKES money by opening up a business and shutting down months later. That's a ton of money lost and I can only assume that the reason the doors closed was so Alvarez could stop the bleeding before it bled out.

Most businesses that start up are assumed to be in the red for the first few years before things start trending upward. Closing after only a few months indicates, to me at least, that he bit off more than he could chew and squashed it before he lost even more than he already had. Indicates to me that he lost a ton of money, had bad financial advice, and isn't very business smart/savvy to boot.

So, Eddie called in while Rebney was on air.
    Rebney declined to talk to him on air (not that I blame him).

Now Eddie is on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Steve Borchardt weighs in
    "Bellator has yet to run a PPV, but Rebney claims Alvarez's refusal to sign his new contract is the only obstacle standing in their way of doing so. Therefore, his line of reasoning goes, Bellator will provide Alvarez with the same opportunity on PPV as he would get with the UFC. What Rebney and Bellator's lawyers conveniently omit from their argument is the fact that the biggest non-Zuffa PPV of all time, Affliction: Banned, did just 100,000 buys. According to both versions of Alvarez's contract he wouldn't receive any portion of PPV revenue unless a show reached at least 200,000 buys. Since 2006 the UFC has only turned a few PPVs that came in under 200,000 buys (two if you count the Zuffa produced Aldo vs. Faber show when the two men still fought in the WEC, which still beat Affliction by about 75,000 buys). In other words, Hell might just have a better chance of hosting the Winter Olympics in 2022 than Alvarez would of getting a PPV bonus check from Bellator.

The Bellator deal looks even worse for Alvarez when you consider that the UFC was planning to put him on March's UFC 158 card, which features a main event of Nick Diaz versus the biggest draw in the company, Georges St. Pierre. According to a certification of PPV numbers filed by Dave Meltzer, if you take out the Brock Lesnar-headlined UFC 100, GSP has drawn an average of 700,000 buys per show during his time as a UFC headliner. Alvarez's deal calls for $1 for every buy over 200,000, $2 for anything between 400,000 to 600,000 buys, and then $2.50 for each buy after that. If you do the math, this means Alvarez likely missed out on $850,000 in revenue by not being allowed to fight for the UFC on the same card as GSP next month. That's a pretty stiff financial kick to the balls for a 29 year old fighter with a wife and three kids to support, especially when you consider he has a limited window to earn as much as possible in his athletic prime. For Alvarez, this is truly life-changing money."

Thats horrible. I have really lost some respect for Rebney after his foot dragging, lawyer tactics bull****. Eddie deserved better than this from him.

If Eddie ends up HAVING to fight in Bellator he should demand his first fight be against Bjorn
    Last edited by danl08; 02-14-2013 at 06:52 PM.

850 large must be a lot of sleepless nights.Bellator could be 9.99 and I dont think they would get 200,000 buys.I was looking at ufc betting lines and the Bellator card was up there as well.Legit,didnt recognize a single name on the card tonight.

I can understand the sentiments of losing a ton by comparing Bellator's PPV chances with Zuffa's... but I also think that what matters right now is whether Bellator's deal matches Zuffa's terms. I can't imagine that speculation will get you anywhere in court, so talking about what Eddie could get by signing with Zuffa seems immaterial.

What I really don't like about this entire shtick is that Bellator has never been in the PPV business and yet play like they are going to be there. Total and utter bullsh*t, just like Coker's Strikeforce PPV plans.

There should be zero speculation. Bellator has ZERO PPV past or presence. It's pretty cut and dry.

Not really Bellator said they had a PPV scheduled for 3/30 with Eddie vs Chandler if he had signed.
    The part that is absurd is Bellators arguement that Spike has a background in airing MMA and FOX does not, and that it was Spike’s telecasts that built the popularity of the sport.Claming Spike core demographic of young men is a better fit toward potential MMA PPV buyers and Spike is a station where MMA fans would more likely look to see MMA is crazy talk that some out of touch crazy old coot judge bought. The Bellator lawyer also claimed the next UFC PPV will not do 200,000 buys.He failed to mention that its the Rousey show so its sort of an oddball show.