Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

So how exactly does never airing a ppv and STILL not having one scheduled, equate to having ppv experience or presence?

Because Eddie is their draw and the reason they dont have one scheduled and his big payday from the hundreds of thousands of buys from all their spike viewers is because he didnt sign the contract.

So in other words, they have exactly jack **** for ppv, thanks!

Which is exactly what poor eddie has in the bank.

Bellator has really tarnished it's reputation with this, IMO. I don't even like Eddie, and I have no desire to see him in the UFC whatsoever (especially being given a title shot off the bat), but their claims here are ludicrous. Firstly, how awful was Eddie's lawyer if he couldn't convince a judge that Spike isn't even close to as big of a market as FOX? On top of the whole Bellator having phantom PPV's thing (which, honestly, would probably sink their company). Secondly, how old and out of touch is this judge that thought Spike and FOX were equals? If he'd never heard of FOX, how is he qualified to make a judgment to begin with? And if he's heard of FOX and not Spike, then how could he possibly have thought they were equally as prosperous?
    アッシュ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Cbear
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    how old and out of touch is this judge that thought Spike and FOX were equals? If he'd never heard of FOX, how is he qualified to make a judgment to begin with? And if he's heard of FOX and not Spike, then how could he possibly have thought they were equally as prosperous?
    I suppose for the judge, it's just a matter of whether or not it appears on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Bellator has really tarnished it's reputation with this, IMO. I don't even like Eddie, and I have no desire to see him in the UFC whatsoever (especially being given a title shot off the bat), but their claims here are ludicrous. Firstly, how awful was Eddie's lawyer if he couldn't convince a judge that Spike isn't even close to as big of a market as FOX? On top of the whole Bellator having phantom PPV's thing (which, honestly, would probably sink their company). Secondly, how old and out of touch is this judge that thought Spike and FOX were equals? If he'd never heard of FOX, how is he qualified to make a judgment to begin with? And if he's heard of FOX and not Spike, then how could he possibly have thought they were equally as prosperous?
    An out of touch judge might be exactly what this is all about. How does he blow it so badly? By not knowing **** about mma, not watching tv and knowing the difference in channel presige and then knowing even less about ppv money and name value. I picture a judge who just didnt know **** or give a ****.

The judge was also able to be convinced that most households that have access to spike have access to PPV,while those that get fox "many dont have access to ppv" MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY.

You'd have to be a reeeeeaaaally ****ty lawyer to not present this argument well in court.

**** Eddie. I hope he gets his ass kicked and gets fired from the ufc.. He's ducking Chandler and that's a bitch move.