Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan10 View Post
    they also kept bendo off the gsp card, which seems like proof to me that they would not of put alvarez-bendo on a gsp card.
    gilbert is coming off an injury, when eddie fell out who has been sitting and ready, they went to gilbert. gilbert has the fan base in cali, easy to see why they booked gil-ben in cali. has nothing to do with ben, who isnt a proven draw as of yet
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    you need to read this, HE WAS BOOKED TO BE ON 158 and then 159

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/0...159-bout-looms
    thanks for the link.
    i am very wrong. i never thought they would put it in court documents that he had a spot on the gsp card.
    ufc is ready to take a bath on alvarez to hurt bellator.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fightfan10 View Post
    thanks for the link.
    i am very wrong. i never thought they would put it in court documents that he had a spot on the gsp card.
    ufc is ready to take a bath on alvarez to hurt bellator.
    It's nice to see someone admit when they are wrong. It takes a real man to do that, and I am not trying to be sarcastic or funny, as I had nothing to do with this debate.
    Some people would just not reply, but you manned up and said you were wrong. Kudos. I hope nobody tries to rub it in your face.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not me. I'm wrong all the time and willing to admit that.

but I will say that fightfan10 is a fvcking idiot when he goes on an insult spree on other threads after shown he was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    but I will say that fightfan10 is a fvcking idiot when he goes on an insult spree on other threads after shown he was mistaken.
    i think you have me confused with someone else. i did not/do not go on insult sprees.

bulldong, i just checked the silva vs weidman thread and you did get the correct person but either missed the point or you are very proud of your choice of sig bet punishments.

i said you were the worst thing to happen to the boards, because i hate your sig bet punishments. i did not think i was homophobic, but the last few sigs you dished out made me cringe everytime i checked the boards. you need to lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    reports say the settlement is leaning towards eddie staying with bellator
    hmmm didn't see that...

i wonder if that settlement includes not accepting the extension and just finishing his last year in bellator or if he accepted the extension deal?

I

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    Not me. I'm wrong all the time and willing to admit that.

I think you mean fightfan80.

newest update

mmamania

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) entered the Eddie Alvarez sweepstakes last year after the former Bellator Lightweight Champion finished off Patricky Freire in Ontario. His win over "Pitbull" pushed his record to 24-3 with 21 finishes.

He would have made a great addition to the ranks of UFC.

Unfortunately for Alvarez, his former employer had a right to match the offer, and did, but there was a rapid breakdown in negotiations when it came to dollars and cents. Alvarez wanted the dollars, and a career in Bellator didn't make any sense.

How can a promotion with no pay-per-view (PPV) business model match an incoming offer that guarantees a cut of the PPV buys? According to Alvarez, it can't, which is why he took Bellator to court to free himself from what Bjorn Rebney, Bellator CEO, called a "key misunderstanding."

In fact, Rebney says his matching offer was so close to ZUFFA's, all he did was erase the name "UFC" from the physical contract and replace it with "Bellator," making it an exact copy, "dollar for dollar." See him explain the process here.

With that in mind, attorneys for Bellator filed a motion in U.S. District Court to take Eddie's claims of 'tortious interference and breach of contract' and toss them out the window.

Judge Jose L. Linares responds (via SI.com):

"In deciding the instant motion to dismiss, this Court must accept allegations in Alvarez's counterclaim as true. Accepting the validity of Bellator's argument would require this Court to make a factual determination that Bellator, in fact, had a legitimate business-related justification for proposing a contract to Alvarez purporting to match the Zuffa offer. It would be inappropriate for this Court to make a factual determination at this stage."

Too soon.

Alvarez had a few motions of his own denied, after seeking an injunction that would let him compete at UFC 159 later this month in New Jersey.because he "failed to satisfy his burden of showing (1) a reasonable probability of success on the merits and (2) irreparable harm."

See how that went down here.

While the legal battle continues, both sides continue to negotiate a settlement out of court, too. Until then, Alvarez can do nothing but wait, which at age 29 and in the prime of his career, is likely the last thing he wants to be doing.

Stay tuned.
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

That blurb does a poor job of explaining it.

Go to SI.com for a better explanation.
    Basically, Eddie's biggest argument was contested by Bellator, but the judged ruled in favour of Eddie's case, thus making this a much more competitive court battle.

Things are getting dirty.