Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Let there be peace in our time via complete isolationism.
    It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. That's religious fundamentalist style thinking. You can still buy caviar without having to murder 100,000 people and such.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I dont want to murder anyone, nor do I want to take care of them. We should be energy independant and every home and business should have had solar by now and started back during the arab embargo. There is very damn little we need in raw materials from around the workd that we cannot come up for an alternative to. I really dont want us sticking our nose anywhere else and I dont want a dime leaving our gov offers to them either. If corporations want to be international, so be it. But no bailouts to anyone. It may appear extreme on the surface but it takes all the steam out of pissant little countries who hate us for existing. However, anyone who acts against us on our shores at that point should be dealt with by extreme predjudice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Repent Ash, repent!

It may appear extreme on the surface but it takes all the steam out of pissant little countries who hate us for existing.
    No one hates you for existing. That sounds like one of the dumb slogans a soccer mom tells her kid: Those children are just saying means things about you because they are jealous!!!

If this country went fully isolationist, the economy would melt down, and then poor southerners like you would be the first ones begging on the street. The correct answer then is not to go uber reactionary against "the world" in some impotent act of reactionary vengeance ("I'll never speak to you again!!11!") it's to have a functional global economy, without killing people for cartoonish acts of imperialism.

pissant little countries who hate us for existing.
    Truly one of the most hilarious and misinformed things I've ever read on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    Truly one of the most hilarious and misinformed things I've ever read on the internet.
    I forgot to add "plus countries jealous of us like Canadia."

don , half your nation wants to be France so go easy on casting stones.

Repent Ash, repent!

I forgot to add "plus countries jealous of us like Canadia."

don , half your nation wants to be France so go easy on casting stones.
    How am I casting stones? I just found your post hilarious.

The thing that cracks me up most about Americans is they laugh at other countries for believing their local propaganda, and have no clue how deeply programmed they are by their own. I guess that means it's effective. Like I've always said, it's much easier to see from outside.

China is doing wonderful things in Africa, while the rest of the world ignores the continent. Building roads and hospitals, sending doctors, all kinds of things. What wonderful, unselfish humanitarians!

China is doing wonderful things in Africa, while the rest of the world ignores the continent. Building roads and hospitals, sending doctors, all kinds of things. What wonderful, unselfish humanitarians!
    That said, China's human rights record within its own borders is pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    That said, China's human rights record within its own borders is pitiful.
    My post was ironic and sarcastic. I think Cbear can clearly see that China is doing it for its own self interest and to exploit the natural resources in Africa, yet somehow it's different when America does it.

How am I casting stones? I just found your post hilarious.

The thing that cracks me up most about Americans is they laugh at other countries for believing their local propaganda, and have no clue how deeply programmed they are by their own. I guess that means it's effective. Like I've always said, it's much easier to see from outside.

Teaching them to crap in a hole in the ground and not wash their hands is certainly better than them crapping by their water source and not washing.

Repent Ash, repent!

My post was ironic and sarcastic. I think Cbear can clearly see that China is doing it for its own self interest and to exploit the natural resources in Africa, yet somehow it's different when America does it.
    Fair enough. I knew China was making all sorts of inroads in Africa to get their hands on metals and minerals, oil and gas, with the dirt cheap labor and lack of environmental standards making it even more appealing. I thought maybe you had seen reports where the Chinese were actually offering some sort of humanitarian assistance in return, which definitely would have passed me by.

Ah, sarcasm on the innerwebz, how you can be so misunderstood...