Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Anderson Silva not fighting till end of 2013

Anderson Silva was recently interviewed by Brazilian website GloboEsporte.com, and said he is on a break from fighting, and will not be calling out GSP at UFC 154.

的 am on vacation from fighting," said Silva. "I think I will return only in the end of the next year. I have personal projects ongoing. Tomorrow I知 embarking to Los Angeles to attend the arrangements of the academy we池e setting up there."

的 think this is the time for me to let my life in order. Being always worried and working makes me set my personal life aside. Now I want to work on that aspect.

的 will go to Los Angeles and then I will go to Canada for UFC 154. I知 going to stay there to film an action movie that me and Lyoto will participate in [with Steven Seagal]. But it is not my character to step in there and call somebody out. So I think this won稚 happen. I fact I don稚 just think, I am sure!

溺y focus is on my personal projects and on the fight versus Georges St-Pierre. If the UFC wants to make an nterim bout while I am away, it is up to them. I don稚 know if it will have any meaning but they can do whatever they want. I am in a comfort zone, so I am not concerned about it."

Anderson also talked about the idea of ??creating a ranking system for MMA, and voiced support for other strong MMA organizations worldwide.

"I think it would be viable if we had other organizations with the strength that the UFC has. That can happen in the future."

this was just released on mma underground

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...e-end-of-2013/

It actually came from Tatame, not the UG, and was posted here today already

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    It actually came from Tatame, not the UG, and was posted here today already
    well i just read it on the UG and hadnt seen anything on it here today

No worries, it's buried in the GSP/Silva thread.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yea i just seen it

Yeap, but feels like deserving a thread by itself. Let's see what happens at GSPxCondit. Silva said that he will not get into the cage to challenge GSP, it's not like him.
    Yuck, that hurts!

As Anderson's star rises in the NA PPV market, so does the amount of leverage he holds. Knowing how badly Zuffa needs PPV draws and how public Dana has been about making the GSP fight, this seems like posturing. Right now, the guy rooting for GSP the most this Saturday is Anderson Silva. The term "Anderson Silva money" will mean a whole lot more if it happens

Agreed with Tallica.

There's no way he takes a year off if there is a GSP fight on the table.

Anderson is in Montreal this weekend for what exactly??? Don't tell me he's there to see Francis Carmont vs Tom Lawlor

That guy knows damn well why hes there and its because as soon as GSP's hand is raised, Anderson and Ed Soares will be meeting with Dana and Lorenzo in the back to discuss financial terms. He's completely bull****ting, theres no way he doesnt take a fight with GSP any later than summer 2013. I expect the fight to be anywhere between May-July