Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

HOW MUCH MONEY DO MMA FIGHTERS IN TOP SHOWS MAKE?

Not quite sure but I'm pretty sure they make a heck of a lot more from endorsements than prize money from competing.

Rickson Gracie used to make a million a fight in PRIDE and they have even offered him $5 million, Kasushi Sakuraba also makes about the same per fight, Wanderlei makes about that amount too ranging from 900k to 1.4 Million if u WIN the tournament. In PRIDE u get the most $, of course i guess u have to pay for doctor fees and training, but in PRIDE u can make more than a million a fight, It depends how much of a MMA Figure u are. The big names usually get the most money because they bring in the most fans(up to 90 thousand+ in Shockwave 2002,2003).
    In the UFC a fighter hasnt gotten pass the 500K mark, back in the early 90's, a fighter used to make about 1000 dollars per tournament, win or loose. By the way, Royce Gracie made 500K in this last fight with Yoshida.
    "I may walk slow, But I never look back."

Sorry but I don't care which reputable source reported it but I do not believe that Rickson was offered $5 million to fight in PRIDE. Why I don't believe it. Simple. Because he turned it down! And now he's fighting in K-1 in 2004? I guess that means they're paying him more than $5million right? No way.

The big names in the UFC (Couture, Tito, Chuck, Sylvia, Rizzo) make over $100k per fight. There are significant incentives to win, like an extra 25% bonus. But the average UFC fighter probably makes around $20k per fight.

In PRIDE I have no idea. We only hear of ridiculous offers made to Sakuraba and Rickson. But if the winner of the PRIDE GP (Silva) got $200k, then I can't imagine he gets much more than that per fight. Rampage was quoted as saying he wanted the $200k prize money because he could do "some tangs" with all that money. Therefore, that leads me to believe he doesn't make close to that per fight.

I am certain that the Japanese fighters make tons of cash from sponsors. I remember Damon "doggy" Perry said Yoshida was paid $200k for having a sponsor put their name on the back of his gi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Montana
    Sorry but I don't care which reputable source reported it but I do not believe that Rickson was offered $5 million to fight in PRIDE. Why I don't believe it. Simple. Because he turned it down! And now he's fighting in K-1 in 2004? I guess that means they're paying him more than $5million right? No way.
    By the way,PRIDE TV is the "reputable" source. By the looks of it ur not the much of a MMA fan. Silva Got 900K for winning the tournament u claim he got 200K for. So i suggest YOU look at YOUR sources, i only posted what PRIDE posted, so ill take their word over yours.

By the way, ROYCE GOT 500K for his fight with YOSHIDA. So your telling me that ROYCE got more $$$ for fighting Yoshida than SILVA got for WINNING THE TOURNAMENT???

Rickson is fighting for K-1 this year? How did I miss that? Will it be MMA rules or kickboxing? Does anyone know who his opponent will be? Thanks.

First and foremost, Rickson fighting for K-1 is nothing but a rumor thus far. There has been a huge rumor that Rickson wants to fight Mike Tyson in an MMA fight sometime next year.

Now onto the money issue. Rickson Gracie WAS offered $5 million to fight Kazuyuki Fujita by Inoki. That is a fact that's pretty much common knowledge. However, Rickson turned it down. Why you may ask? It's quite obvious to me that Rickson knew he would get absolutely crushed by Fujita.

It's been reported in Japanese newspapers and Ironlife.com that Sakuraba was once offered 1.8 million US for his fight with Silva at PRIDE 17. Just a couple days ago, Fujita won 900K for winning his fight and Royce was offered 500K to fight Yoshida.

As for the PRIDE GP, the 200K was just the winning bonus for Silva. Silva still made a fixed income on each separate fight in the GP and as TATAME reported, make over 900K for the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark
    First and foremost, Rickson fighting for K-1 is nothing but a rumor thus far. There has been a huge rumor that Rickson wants to fight Mike Tyson in an MMA fight sometime next year.

Now onto the money issue. Rickson Gracie WAS offered $5 million to fight Kazuyuki Fujita by Inoki. That is a fact that's pretty much common knowledge. However, Rickson turned it down. Why you may ask? It's quite obvious to me that Rickson knew he would get absolutely crushed by Fujita.

It's been reported in Japanese newspapers and Ironlife.com that Sakuraba was once offered 1.8 million US for his fight with Silva at PRIDE 17. Just a couple days ago, Fujita won 900K for winning his fight and Royce was offered 500K to fight Yoshida.

As for the PRIDE GP, the 200K was just the winning bonus for Silva. Silva still made a fixed income on each separate fight in the GP and as TATAME reported, make over 900K for the tournament.

THANK YOU!! FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME KNOWLEDGE!

In Japan, fighters like Sakuraba, Silva, Yoshida, and Nogueira make tons of money that can range into the millions at times.

In the US, fighters don't make nearly as much, but the top fighters still make some decent change.