Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

Default My Team Highlights

Hey all,

Some of you knew I was a Pop Warner head coach. For the last 4 years I have gone 32-0 in the regular season. Won 2 mid florida championships and was in the semi-finals for the Florida State championship. This years team was a struggle because of size. We went 9-0 in our regular season but lost to the eventual mid florida champions in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 18-16.

Our team was VERY small this year. We had 5th and 6th graders (10-11) and the max weight at the end of the season was 115. We had 1 kid over 90 pounds and he was a "minimum play" player. Not very good. 90% of our team was between 60 and 80 pounds total. So lots of schemes and technique came into play over pure physicality. Anyway I did a highlight of our season. Check it out and let me know what you think!

We are the team in Black.

Offensively we ran the Double Wing. Defensively we ran what is called a 3-3 Stack. A 3-5 with the "stacked" Lb's stunting nearly every play. It kept us away from having to have big D Lineman..

http://www.hudl.com/team/56997/#highlights/18123820

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2. Default

That sounds pretty cool man, I'll have to check it out when I get on the computer =]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nice video. Always fun watching the kiddos on the field. My youngest will start playing Tiny Mites next year, kinda funny watching kids that small tackle in a big mob.

Hardest thing I find about coaching kids is dealing with asshole parents who think lil Johnny is a stud and should play every play in every game, parents who don't bring kids to practice but always somehow show up for the games and rude ass parents screaming and yelling at kids and coaches. Other than that fun times watching the kids grow and improve.
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER

Sofargone

Quote Originally Posted by Sofargone View Post
    Nice video. Always fun watching the kiddos on the field. My youngest will start playing Tiny Mites next year, kinda funny watching kids that small tackle in a big mob.

Hardest thing I find about coaching kids is dealing with asshole parents who think lil Johnny is a stud and should play every play in every game, parents who don't bring kids to practice but always somehow show up for the games and rude ass parents screaming and yelling at kids and coaches. Other than that fun times watching the kids grow and improve.
    I have the parents on lock down by now. I still get complaints every now and then but I make them sign a paper at the start of the season explaining every aspect of what will be going on throughout the season. ESPECIALLY that little johnny will play in a spot that the team needs him, NOT where he or poppa thinks he should play. one of my top 3 players every single year will play pulling guard. Could he play back? Yep. Could he play QB? Yep. Will he? Nope. Because the team needs him in the spot he is in.

But you are right that is the hardest thing to deal with is the parents.

Ugh! Tiny Mites is brutal to coach! I still remember back and shudder.. Everyone cries. No one pays attention. Its crazy.

Hand off misdirection around 2:30 sure fooled me

Nice vid. Looks like you guys have a great team.