Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    It is? I know they're censoring some sites but I didn't know Youtube was one of them. Crazy commies!
    List is HUGE!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ublic_of_China

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Lol @ Amnesty International being blocked. That figures, they don't want the people to know that they are being oppressed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DriveBy73 View Post
    You should have put that little fuker in your luggage, brought it home and then sold it on ebay.

Hahaha, funny ****!!

Kim Chee is over rated. So, what are they bbq'ing? Probably dog if its authentic Korean.

Repent Ash, repent!

Kimchee is delicious! I hated it at first, but it grew on me and now I dig it.

Also, dog isn't as common anymore, and when you find it, it's usually much more expensive and served as stew. No way they would give you dog instead of cheaper meat. I've mentioned before, I tried to get some when I was there, but couldn't find it. My bro (who lived there) found a place the day after I left

Did you happen to pick up a newspaper with the big news while you were there?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-27-07-38-17

Geez, when are these country's publications gonna learn from their past mistakes? Oh well, I guess it's fun for rest of us whenever one of these stories pops up every few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    hahaha - does that page mention that it is also blocked? I can't tell, because your link doesn't work here.

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    There are a lot of drivers like this in China, or what?

It's amazing what goes on on the roads here. I've got some video I'll post from a previous trip when I get home. In Yiwu, traffic was so bad the taxi I was in just drove onto the sidewalk with a bunch of other taxis, and the one in front of us actually brushed against a surprised looking guy. In Hangzhou I nearly got grazed by a taxi on the sidewalk myself. In many cities they have giant round polished stones at the intersections where the sidewalk meets the road. I thought they were nice decorations. Only later, I figured out they were there to prevent cars from driving on the sidewalk. Like water, the Chinese driver seeks the path of least resistance. I don't see many accidents. Actually see more in my home town by far per mile traveled. I guess they haven't figured out not to tailgate in the rain yet.

Despite all this, I find Chinese drivers are actually quite skilled for the most part. Some of the drivers I've had were absolutely amazing. A factory owner drove me through country roads weaving in and out of traffic at high speed, missing guys on bikes by inches and driving on the wrong side of the road half the time passing cars. I was convinced I was going to die for the first 10 minutes, actually braced and winced as he missed a cyclist on my side of the road by half a hair, and then settled in for the ride.

Which reminds me of another thing I saw yesterday (it's Thursday morning now): a guy on a motorcycle driving the wrong way on a three lane highway.
    Last edited by Din Kong; 11-28-2012 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
    What are the people like where you are at? how's the landscape?
    Wherever I go, I'll walk around for hours exploring the area. Chinese people are very social. They are kind of standoffish and stare at me because I go places where most whiteys (royalties to DHK) don't, so I am a curiosity, but if you approach them they are very friendly.

The landscape is pretty boring where I am now. It's mostly flat land full of various buildings.

Do you speak Chinese, Don?

Also, that Tourette's video was, I am saddened to admit, hilarious. It almost seemed fake.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.