Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Man of Steel trailer

Anyone getting tired of superhero movies? I've had more than enough Spiderman. Enough Batman. Captain America/Avengers/Wolverine and on and on...

I love superhero movies myself,,,so Im stoked on this one. Superman is a notoriously hard character to do well in any media (be it comics, movies, tv or videogames) so Im always skeptical about just how good it will be in the end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Am i sick of superhero films?? Kind of a loaded question..

Do i think theres too many of them being made, almost as if theyre coming off of an assembly line at this point?? Absolutely.. But i dont even watch half of them, so its not like i over-saturate myself. Im pretty excited about this one. Up until now, anything Nolan has his hands in turns out to be gold. For this one, hes producing.. So itll be up to Snyder to deliver. I have my reservations, but im definitely intrigued by what the pair can do with Superman..

I never get sick of comic films. I love watching most of them. The thing I get sick of seeing in comic films are the same stories getting told. Why General Zod again? People have been screaming to see Doomsday on the big screen since he was introduced. Everyone wants the Doomsday story. Let me guess, the follow up film to this film will have Lex Luthor as the bad guy.

I'm sick of hearing people whining about being sick of superhero movies. There's obviously a market for them, or they wouldn't keep making them. As a comic book nerd I never tire of them (though I readily admit that there are very few great ones), but fortunately for the people who seem so pained to have to endure them there are plenty of other sh!tty movies cranked out each year for them to go to instead.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i am excited for this flick

the music makes it seem epic, i personally liked the last superman reboot but whatever. Cant wait to see this
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Please be awesome. I'll say this I was hoping the tone of the movie would be more in line with this short:

http://youtu.be/RVO37dP9_Hg

It's obvious from the trailer that they are going in a different direction though.
    "The power of the people is much stronger than the people in power"

I love comic/superhero movies. They're rarely ever good - but they're always fun. It's extremely rare that one is made that really sucks to the point where its not watchable.

That said, while this movie looks great, I'm disappointed that they arent doing a "Death of Superman" saga. It would be a perfect trilogy. First movie is him with Doomsday with the death at the end. Second movie is the funeral and the return of the Supermen. Third movie is Superman coming back and resolving everything.

If the first two make megabucks (which they would) - then have a teaser scene at the end where Doomsdays eyes open up after he's been hurled into space.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    That said, while this movie looks great, I'm disappointed that they arent doing a "Death of Superman" saga. It would be a perfect trilogy. First movie is him with Doomsday with the death at the end. Second movie is the funeral and the return of the Supermen. Third movie is Superman coming back and resolving everything.

If the first two make megabucks (which they would) - then have a teaser scene at the end where Doomsdays eyes open up after he's been hurled into space.
    While I totally want to see that too, I dont think we will for a long time for a couple of reasons.

1. JLA Movie. They obviously want to try to recreate the success of the Avengers with the upcoming JLA movie, so they can't really kill superman off until that happens.

2. The death of superman set the comic book industry back by decades, Im not so sure DC is super pumped to recreate that magic on the big screen .

Though with the Reign of the Supermen arc,,we could see Shaq back as John Irons !!!

Last edited by cheeto101; 12-12-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Shaq as the Man of Steel would be AMAZING.

And while the Death of Superman was a blow to the comic industry - it's one of DCs best pieces of work imo. It just works out so well.

I think it would translate to a movie extremely well too.