Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Official card/lineup has been announced.
    I don't know how the hell the Ring/Camozzi fight is on the main card, over a fight like Makdessi/Cruickshank. I thought for sure that would be the PPV opener. Over/Under on spinning kick attempts is 83.
    I am also very interested in Mein/Miller.

Main Card (PPV)
    Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz
    Carlos Condit vs. Johny Hendricks
    Jake Ellenberger vs. Nate Marquardt
    Nick Ring vs. Chris Camozzi
    Mike Ricci vs. Colin Fletcher

Preliminary Card (FX)
    Patrick Côté vs. Bobby Voelker
    Antonio Carvalho vs. Darren Elkins
    Dan Miller vs. Jordan Mein
    John Makdessi vs. Daron Cruickshank

Preliminary Card (Facebook)
    Rick Story vs. Quinn Mulhern
    T.J. Dillashaw vs. Issei Tamura
    Yves Jabouin vs. Johnny Eduardo
    George Roop vs. Reuben Duran

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'll be honest - it's a pretty weak card. Outside of the top 3 fights - there's not a whole lot interesting going on imo (although plenty of good matchups - just nothing I really wanna see).

I totally agree.
    Good matchups, but not significant fights out outside the top 3.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I mean, it's not just "not significant." Literally none of these fights matter at all. Outside of the top 3, these are all fights that would struggle to be Facebook prelims imo.

Meh, I'm kinda interested to see how Ricci will debut in his real weight class. He trains with the best of the best so I'm curious to see how much he's picked up from Rory. He looked terrible in that final TUF fight so hopefully he's improved...
    Always supporting:
    Roy Nelson
    Diego Sanchez
    Dan Henderson
    Martin Kampmann

Quote Originally Posted by Humorless View Post
    Meh, I'm kinda interested to see how Ricci will debut in his real weight class. He trains with the best of the best so I'm curious to see how much he's picked up from Rory. He looked terrible in that final TUF fight so hopefully he's improved...
    What is the style of the ugly guy he is fighting?

I know he's British, so at least Ricci doesn't have to be worried about being taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    What is the style of the ugly guy he is fighting?

I know he's British, so at least Ricci doesn't have to be worried about being taken down.
    Ya definitely not a wrestler. Hes really lanky so he uses that both striking and off of his back with subs. He isn't overly athletic or fast either but seems to be durable enough. He's also fairly aggressive but I'd guess he's the underdog against Rorys GF

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    I totally agree.
    Good matchups, but not significant fights out outside the top 3.
    Those matchups that are meaningless now probably won't be in 2 fights time.

These are the fights that build the next contenders.

Andy Wang #1 P4P

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I mean, it's not just "not significant." Literally none of these fights matter at all. Outside of the top 3, these are all fights that would struggle to be Facebook prelims imo.
    I have probably asked this kind of question before, but now I think I can get a more specific answer since the UFC is using official rankings.

How far down the rankings can you go before matches 'cease to matter' or become unimportant?

END COMMUNICATION