Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 34 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    Thanks. I just checked out the full movie that the clip came from. Fukking terrifying. Everyone should watch it. What a fukked up country. Land of the free my ass.

Google "SSRI Canada" and you'll see similar results.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpin View Post
    Just like the media, you generalize to paint people not in favor of proposed legislation as a scare tactic.
    I have no problem with certain opposition to certain legislation. I have a problem with misleading people. If someone passes a bill that says "Cars can't have emissions > X, and certain accessories that jam police radar are banned" - there may be reasons why that is a good or bad idea. However saying "THEY'RE TRYING TO BAN CARS!!!" wouldn't be one of those reasons, and anyone who argues like that should be called out on it. Same with guns.

I too think a lot of gun control laws are just politically pleasing nonsense. I too think that terms like "assault weapons" tend to be meaningless.

However I don't think the process is futile, and I don't think that just because you can't solve something totally, doesn't mean you shouldn't try to mitigate damage.

I also don't think it has to be one thing or the other. I'm fine with addressing mental health issues. That doesn't mean you stop doing gun control.

Here's an easy thought experiment: In a world where we had the best mental healthcare system possible, would you want legalized shoulder mounted missiles? Me neither.

So we have to address what we can. Maybe "assault weapons" is a meaningless term, but AR-15s that can be cheaply modified to shoot 900 rounds per minute are problematic.

There are some real solutions being thrown around (no detachable clips or speed loaders, weapons that can only hold 6 shots at a time). We should debate these solutions, but we can only do this if gun ownership advocates decide to get serious, and stop acting as if the FBI is coming after all the guns. They're not. Somewhere between "everyone has 50 caliber machine guns", and "no one has any guns", lies a happy medium that can best mitigate damage, while at the same time protecting freedom. Let's find out where that is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That gun only fires at a rate of 900rpm. You'd have to have a 900 round magazine to do it. That'd ve rather heavy.
    Perhaps the fact that guns are centuries old means that even the ar15 isn't advanced technology. Anybody with and modicum of intelligence could make similar adjustments.
    900 rounds sure sounds scary
    But how would the barrel not melt
    How would anybody actually aim that
    how much would 900 round magazine weigh
    Isn't this already illegal

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    That gun only fires at a rate of 900rpm. You'd have to have a 900 round magazine to do it. That'd ve rather heavy.
    Perhaps the fact that guns are centuries old means that even the ar15 isn't advanced technology. Anybody with and modicum of intelligence could make similar adjustments.
    Are you writing an extended haiku?

Thought about that actually

I had something else typed out but this damned phone dropped the 4g for a bit and deleted it. I paraphrased

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    I guess you could get a belt-fed ar-15 and roll the ammo around on a dolly. Maybe a gas piston upper so it doesn't get all gunked-up and start to slow down. And get a CNC machine to make an auto sear to put in the pre-87 lower receiver. You'd also need a compatible bolt carrier assembly that would even work with full auto. And you'd have to remove the handguard or else it would burst into flames.

See? Simple

Quote Originally Posted by clamcakes View Post
    I guess you could get a belt-fed ar-15 and roll the ammo around on a dolly. Maybe a gas piston upper so it doesn't get all gunked-up and start to slow down. And get a CNC machine to make an auto sear to put in the pre-87 lower receiver. You'd also need a compatible bolt carrier assembly that would even work with full auto. And you'd have to remove the handguard or else it would burst into flames.
    or you could just buy a hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpin View Post
    Google "SSRI Canada" and you'll see similar results.
    Sh1t like this makes Alex Jones and Jesse Ventura look absolutely sane.

I Googled SSRI Canada but was unable to come up with any instances where children were forcibly removed from their parents and put in for profit prisons. Did I not look hard enough?

Time to be TERRIFIED!!!!! This gun is going to make a sniper out of anyone from a mile away!!!!!! Everyone into their bunkers!!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...mile-away.html