Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBill View Post
    Before the conservative collective jumps off a cliff: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...violence-plan/
    Nothing too crazy there. A lot of it is nonsense, however I'm glad they clarified no federal law prohibits health care providers telling law enforcement about threats of violence. Why the **** would the CDC be the ones to research gun violence?
    LIBERALISM IS A DENTAL MISORDER

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post

Universal background checks- Thats fine with me but how do you do that in a private sale? If one neighbor sells an old shotgun to another, how do they contact the FBI and run a background check?
    They could outlaw private sales of firearms. I personally think the background checks is one of the, if not the most, important step to take towards regulating firearm sales.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spasgur, you realize that's only a symbolic gesture though right? I support that too but i know its only so that i am not condoning the behavior.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBill View Post
    Before the conservative collective jumps off a cliff: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...violence-plan/

Here's Juan Williams' take on the gun control: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...d-gun-control/
    in reading the 23 items, most are just fluff. I suspect the hard core libs are going to go nuts that He didnt push for more. Funny how everyone **** on the NRA for asking for cops in schools and now Obama wants to fund just that in his plan.

Wish I had found this thread earlier, it seems I need to lurk in more then the MMA section. I read most of the thread and was happy that its on topic and not completely full of trolls and flame wars. Tempted to write too long of a post but I'll refrain.

My biggest disappointment from the debate following the tragedy at Sandy Hook is how truly crappy our media and politicians have become. Every topic is Team A vs. Team B, and all the issues and bullet points they pick for those topics are the laziest ones possible. I'm not sure you can get any dumber or ignorant watching our mainstream media, then say, watching honey boo boo.
    This message is hidden because funkin is on your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Recap of the press conference. They have heavily loaded the crowd with families, kids, etc... The kids on stage were NOT from Sandy Hook but stand ins. They are heavily playing on the heartstrings....save the children....etc... "If there is even ONE thing we can do, even ONE life that can be saved, we have to try it." straight from Barrys mouth.

Mental illness- he didnt say anything concrete, just mentioned mental health.

23 Executive actions he is implementing today.

Calls on Congress to act to pass his proposals.

1. Universal background check for anyone buying a gun regardless of licensed dealer or private seller. (How does Joe Blow do this?).
    2. Ban assault weapons and limit to 10 round magazines. He invokes Ronald Reagen saying he supports this.
    3. Get tougher on straw buyers and those helping them. He blames Congress for this by not approving Todd Jones as ATF head. (Huh??).
    4. Wants more cops on the streets. (Huh??).

Says he supports 2nd ammendment and private ownership. Says its up to the Amuurican people to demand change. Wants people in "gun states" to support this. Again, invokes the children. Calls on Congress to bring these proposals up for a vote and for people to call their Congressmen to demand action.

He then high fives the planted kids on stage and signs the executive orders onstage, then hugs the plants again for a nice camera shot. Thats followed by Crazy Joe formally shaking the kids hands.

Yea man, save the kids. Unless they are on the other side of the world while we drop drone bombs. In that case, **** em right?
    http://truth-out.org/opinion/item/13...r-the-pentagon
    Article spoiler: "The Bureau of Investigative Journalism reports that from June 2004 through mid-September 2012, drone strikes killed 474-881 civilians, including 176 children."

**** the middle east
    **** africa
    **** asia

You are off topic anyway

Not off topic. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of saying dumb **** like do it for the kids. They don't do **** for kids, they do whatever pushes their political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    Spasgur, you realize that's only a symbolic gesture though right? I support that too but i know its only so that i am not condoning the behavior.
    If that's the case then it's retarded. One of the most important parts of regulation is keeping guns away from the wrong people. It should be much harder to acquire a gun than it currently is.

Well they do like to use kids as human shields or suicide bombers. Seems they care less about them than anybody