Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

This is the part where I feel guilty, because if you were a conservative, I'd have snapped and insulted your intelligence by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo08 View Post
    I gave an example of how it is possible that other variables
    There is no such thing as variables that suppress correlation. Correlation is strictly a relationship between two variables. You are speaking pure ignorance right now. Variables can only obscure causal relationships.

If you said that the chart does not show a correlation, you'd be correct. But when you said:
    First post I made: "Looking at the world’s 10 largest video game markets yields no evident, statistical correlation " You're now digging yourself deeper.

There is a difference between the chart not showing something, versus showing that it doesn't exist.
    The fact that a greater correlation could exist in a world with isolated variables, doesn't mean a correlation exists. That's you stupidly bumbling into causal arguments again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by just Brian View Post
    Sorry if this is a repost. I just found this on another mma site.

http://www.assaultweapon.info/
    exactly what i posted in the first few pages.

there is no such thing as assault weapons

the parts of the awb were all on cosmetic pieces (they forgot barrel shrouds in your link, bayonet mounts, and grenade launcher for grenades you can't buy), except the 10 round magazine size

they also forgot the columbine ****heads had BOMBS

MORE people were killed willed fist, knees, feet, etc.. than all rifles (let alone assault rifles)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    This is the part where I feel guilty, because if you were a conservative, I'd have snapped and insulted your intelligence by now.

There is no such thing as variables that suppress correlation. Correlation is strictly a relationship between two variables. You are speaking pure ignorance right now. Variables can only obscure causal relationships.

First post I made: "Looking at the world’s 10 largest video game markets yields no evident, statistical correlation " You're now digging yourself deeper.

The fact that a greater correlation could exist in a world with isolated variables, doesn't mean a correlation exists. That's you stupidly bumbling into causal arguments again.

let's throw that whole argument out and say that the violent videogame directly caused the shooting.

halo 4 sold 3.1 million copies on it first day of release

that would mean that one out of 3.1 million people to buy it in turn murdered someone.
    that's just halo 4
    what if we throw in all of the call of duties?

you're talking a minimum of a billion games sold, including all violent games (and what constitutes violence, since even mario killed turtles?)!!!

you have a better chance of being killed by pulling a vending machine over on top of yourself trying to get those goddamned doritos unstuck

http://videogames.procon.org/
    ^^^^^lots of stuff in there

Wahoo, after a long night of drinking and just stumbling out of bed, I'm more calm, and I think I can explain it to you this way:

There is a correlation between height of parents, and height of children. Now there are plenty of factors that can throw a monkey wrench. For instance in a hypothetical world where the children of everyone over 6ft tall, get their legs shattered with sledge hammers, that correlation would be destroyed.

That doesn't mean that there isn't a correlation, in our world, between the height of parents, and height of offspring. Or logically speaking: because something can be different in a hypothetical world, doesn't mean it is different in ours.

Stopped in my local Acadamy Sporting Goods store today to see if anything good was on sale. Nope. Checked the gun section and it was all but wiped out. Pistols & Revolvers 80% gone with only a few low end pieces left. Rifles 90% gone with a few bolt action deer rifles left. Shotguns still looked to be in supply, mainly over and under bird guns. Ammo was being rationed as follows: 1 box per caliber and 3 boxes total for calibers: 9mm, .40, .45, .556/223, .308 and .22 long rifle. What that means for you non-gun folks is the most popular pistol cartridges, the "assault rifle" cartridges and surprisingly enough the venerable tiny little .22 cartridges are in very low supply and being rationed.

Repent Ash, repent!

Guns... go get 'em!
    R.I.P. Cameron

I'm going to eat your children!!!!

Martial arts helps tilt the odds of survival in a gun encounter, at least if you're this guy and you're close enough to the gunman...

http://recordsetter.com/submit/revie...2-fb31ebf40e7d

What happens on Gun Appreciation Day? Well, people get shot, of course!

Gun Appreciation Day Celebrated With Accidental Shootings at Gun Shows in North Carolina and Ohio

Three people were wounded Saturday afternoon after an accidental shooting at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina. The incident apparently occurred at a security check point when the owner of a 12-gauge shotgun was asked to remove his gun from its case. Somehow, the gun discharged, shooting two people in the hand and one in the right torso.

Meanwhile, in an entirely unrelated incident, a man at the Medina County Gun Show was shot and injured later Saturday afternoon.

As the Daily Intelligencer notes, today is both Gun Appreciation Day and Guns Across America. What a perfect way to celebrate!

UPDATE: And there was another shooting. A man shot himself in the hand while loading his gun outside the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show gun show in Indianapolis.

http://gawker.com/5977377/gun-apprec...olina-and-ohio

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    What happens on Gun Appreciation Day? Well, people get shot, of course!

Gun Appreciation Day Celebrated With Accidental Shootings at Gun Shows in North Carolina and Ohio

Three people were wounded Saturday afternoon after an accidental shooting at the Dixie Gun and Knife Show in Raleigh, North Carolina. The incident apparently occurred at a security check point when the owner of a 12-gauge shotgun was asked to remove his gun from its case. Somehow, the gun discharged, shooting two people in the hand and one in the right torso.

Meanwhile, in an entirely unrelated incident, a man at the Medina County Gun Show was shot and injured later Saturday afternoon.

As the Daily Intelligencer notes, today is both Gun Appreciation Day and Guns Across America. What a perfect way to celebrate!

UPDATE: And there was another shooting. A man shot himself in the hand while loading his gun outside the Indy 1500 Gun and Knife Show gun show in Indianapolis.

http://gawker.com/5977377/gun-apprec...olina-and-ohio
    Idiots. If you cant take your gun out of your case or load it without shooting yourself then you might not need a gun.

Repent Ash, repent!

Quote Originally Posted by split decision View Post
    Maybe Darwin will rid us of the gun extremist crowd.