Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

This cartoon is well done, if you're on my side of the fence (with the flak jacket on).

http://now.msn.com/christian-oberend...icted-murderer MSN main page article showing the effectiveness of gun control laws on criminals/nutjobs. Whackjob who murdered his mother in 1995 and is legally barred from buying a gun obtained a gun permit and bought 13 firearms. He was caught when a Sheriffs Deputy scanned his facebook page and found reference to Newtown. That led to a search of his home where they found a letter he wrote to his dead mother saying "I think about killing all the time." Gun control fails, but searching facebook apparently works. Pretty ****ty background check by the Feds not to catch this whacko.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

President Bill Clinton warns Democrats to have more respect for gun culture. http://now.msn.com/bill-clinton-tell...ze-gun-culture

Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," Clinton said. "A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these [gun control laws]. ... I know because I come from this world,"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo08 View Post
    Which is doesnt show at all.

You are trying to argue that a single variable (video game consumption) correlates with another variable (gun-related murders) without attempting to isolate the initial variable. For instance, if your own argument is correct (that gun laws DO have an effect on gun related murders), it is feasable that the stricter gun laws of the other foreign nations listed, act as a suppressing variable. In effect, they may be masking a correlation that does exist.

It's a problem that we see over and over and over and over again- a journalist sees a "study" and butchers the hell out of it in their article, drawing conclusions that those involved in the study never claim to have concluded. Hell, the journalist even admits he's assuming that video game consumption is consistent across these nations. Assuming??? Seems like a pretty damn important piece of information to assume.
    Kind of like how the pro-gun people attribute the drop in crime to increases in gun ownership. There is no causal link, but that doesn't stop them from connecting those as if they were dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    http://now.msn.com/christian-oberend...icted-murderer MSN main page article showing the effectiveness of gun control laws on criminals/nutjobs. Whackjob who murdered his mother in 1995 and is legally barred from buying a gun obtained a gun permit and bought 13 firearms. He was caught when a Sheriffs Deputy scanned his facebook page and found reference to Newtown. That led to a search of his home where they found a letter he wrote to his dead mother saying "I think about killing all the time." Gun control fails, but searching facebook apparently works. Pretty ****ty background check by the Feds not to catch this whacko.
    but that has much more to do with how the NRA has used the politicians to completely neuter the ATF and make the entire process a joke. If you really want to "enforce the laws already on the books" as we hear time and again, then you need to fully fund ATF and allow them to do their jobs.

President Bill Clinton warns Democrats to have more respect for gun culture. http://now.msn.com/bill-clinton-tell...ze-gun-culture

Do not patronize the passionate supporters of your opponents by looking down your nose at them," Clinton said. "A lot of these people live in a world very different from the world lived in by the people proposing these [gun control laws]. ... I know because I come from this world,"
    I came from "that world" myself.

I think his words could be interpreted as condescending as well. Would be perfect politics if rural gun owners thought he was giving them respect while the urban/suburban, middle/upper-middle class read it as an inside joke at poor people's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by danl08 View Post
    but that has much more to do with how the NRA has used the politicians to completely neuter the ATF and make the entire process a joke. If you really want to "enforce the laws already on the books" as we hear time and again, then you need to fully fund ATF and allow them to do their jobs.
    ATF pretty much botched Waco. Now they would get drones along with their tank of death.

ATF pretty much botched Waco. Now they would get drones along with their tank of death.
    And they could afford to funnel even more guns to Mexican drug cartels.

Quote Originally Posted by telerion View Post
    I came from "that world" myself.

I think his words could be interpreted as condescending as well. Would be perfect politics if rural gun owners thought he was giving them respect while the urban/suburban, middle/upper-middle class read it as an inside joke at poor people's expense.
    You should read the whole interview. He isn't condescending

Quote Originally Posted by seansloan View Post

I just ****ing shot myself,son of a bitch

This guy just had to go and up the ante...

Security Guard Shoots Penis Off, Charged With Crime

A unidentified security guard has been hospitalized in San Fernando in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago after accidentally shooting off his penis with his gun.

The man was carrying a .38 caliber handgun in his pocket when it went off, reports the Trinidad and Tobago Guardian.

Police in Rio Claro were called around 8:00 a.m. on Sunday from witnesses who heard a shot coming from a parked car.

Police officers found the driver slumped at the wheel and bleeding from his groin.

The wounded man was taken to San Fernando General Hospital where he remains under guard.

Police said that the man did not possess a license for the gun he was carrying, so he has been charged with illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Surprisingly these types of gun shot accidents are not uncommon.

The Digital Journal reports:

Last September, 18-year-old Michael Smeriglio of Port St. Lucie, Florida shot off his penis and one of his testicles with a gun he had just purchased. A year earlier, an Arizona man blew his penis off after tucking his girlfriend's pink pistol into the waistband of his pants. And in 2010, a Washington man lost his testicles after a gun tucked into his waistband accidentally discharged.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...-charged-crime