Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dhk1980 View Post
    The boys is one of the best comic series i've read in the recent times. so is american vampire.
    because you like boys or because the comic is actually good???

tell us dhk, how'd the tree and your neighbors house work out???

I go through phases with my reading. I tend to focus on something I like or have a hankering for and read a bunch of them then take a holiday from reading for a little while and start in on another topic. Biographies, philosophy, sci-fi, drama, war, historical, fantasy... hell, I even went through a phase of poker books (without any illusions of becoming better at poker, just out of interest). I went through a comic book phase about 5 years ago. I couldn't stand the main series' and searched for stories with actual impact. These are my suggestions.

The Watchmen. Basically the best of all time and not likely to be challenged any time soon.

Alias. MAX Imprint; nothing to do with the TV show. Ex-superhero chick doing private detective work.

Planetary. A sort of superheroes go out and investigate weird super-**** series with an overriding conspiracy theory thing. Gets a little weak towards the end, as a lot of comics do, sadly.

Powers. Another ex-super gone detective, but the official kind this time. Gets a little convoluted in series 2, another common problem. Haven't bothered with series 3.

Supreme Power. MAX Imprint. A brutal re-imagining of popular super-heroes like Superman (Hyperion), Batman (Nighthawk) and Green Lantern (Doctor Spectrum). Original 18-comic run & character spin-offs only, once it went into Squadron Supreme is became incredibly weak and convoluted and just another alt-universe in the big wide alt-universes that comics love to water down their product with.

The Boys. As previously mentioned.

The Punisher; MAX Imprint. Another brutal re-imagining. Punisher, 30 years into his career. Old, grizzled, baddest soulless mother ****er on the planet. It started out great for the first few volumes but once Ennis left after issue #60 is dropped way off and isn't really worth bothering with any more.

The Walking Dead. TV show is based on it. Again, it's best early on. Again, gets weak and convoluted.

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns. Classic Frank Miller. I don't rate Strikes Again, personally, but a bunch of people love that too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. Default

If you like The Boys, read Preacher. Best comic ever. Written by the same guy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is why ive gravitated towards one shot stories like Superman Red Son, or stories like The Long Halloween which can stand on their own for my comic book reading. Following the main continuity is just too much of a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeto101 View Post
    This is why ive gravitated towards one shot stories like Superman Red Son, or stories like The Long Halloween which can stand on their own for my comic book reading. Following the main continuity is just too much of a pain in the ass.
    Speaking of Red Son, anyway ever read the Green Lantern/Nazi Elseworlds?

not really, not when u just DL the whole thing in one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dhk1980 View Post
    not really, not when u just DL the whole thing in one shot.
    tell us god dammit dhk

howd the tree situation turn out??

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    tell us god dammit dhk

howd the tree situation turn out??
    the owner happens to live out in Oregon. i got in touch with him like a week ago. he said he's coming sometime during this week and then he'll call me. the tree is still there. thanks for asking sweetie.

The long Halloween is my favorite Batman story.

@jedigavin