Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default RIP General Norman Schwarzkopf

Local news just had a blip that the bulldog general of Desert Storm has died. No other confirmation or details yet. If true, RIP to one of the last old school warriors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    RIP to one of the last old school warriors.
    RIP "Stormin Norman."
    LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER

Sofargone

AP confirms Schwarzkopf has died at age 78.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

He was, by many accounts a great leader, and I recall him being quite comfortable in front of the camera, leading media briefings and explaining where exactly guided missles were striking in Iraq.

One of the most overrated commanders in modern military history.

I also find it utterly hilarious that "Schwarzkopf's blitzkrieg" is a line that's being used in his FAVOR in the obituaries. There's a bunch of other German commanders that did the same things. We thankfully don't remember them as fondly.

Rommel was a hell of a tactician.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbear View Post
    Rommel was a hell of a tactician.
    Better than Schwarzkopf.

"OK guys, stay here out of the range of their guns and blast them with our superior firepower."

Pretty sure I could coach Shaquille O'Neal to beat Verne Troyer in a jabbing contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    One of the most overrated commanders in modern military history.

I agree, I think he was in the right place at the right time.