Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.

View Poll Results: Has the North American MMA audience behaviour gotten worse over time?

Voters
10. Log in to vote on this poll
  • No, it's more or less the same as it always has been

4 40.00%
  • Yes

1 10.00%
  • Uncertain

3 30.00%
  • Yes, but only in certain regions

1 10.00%
  • Chris Leben asks, "What you talkin' 'bout Willis?"

1 10.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't remember who it was...Onion? Maybe Loot...? Somebody attended an event a couple years back that was wicked bad for booing. East coast US event I believe... Anyone have an idea?

me

i went to the new jersey event, UFC On Fox Miller vs Diaz. it was a horrible crowd and i dont want to sound like money is everything. But that event had cheap tickets compared to other events. I think in North America at least, cheap tickets = fans with less class

I went to other jersey events which were more expensive seats overall and the crowd was much better for what was a ****tier event

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    me

i went to the new jersey event, UFC On Fox Miller vs Diaz. it was a horrible crowd and i dont want to sound like money is everything. But that event had cheap tickets compared to other events. I think in North America at least, cheap tickets = fans with less class

I went to other jersey events which were more expensive seats overall and the crowd was much better for what was a ****tier event
    So basically one could suggest, without the science to back it, that the lower the education/intelligence of the audience then the more likely the crass behaviour of the audience?

Yet, we have craziness happen at college football games.

I blame casual fans. What kind of genuine hardcore would boo Junior Dos Santos?

I've found that the mma fan in general is a moronic loser. A good majority of them at least. They don't understand what they're watching and boo and bitch whenever anything happens that goes beyond their understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    I've found that the mma fan in general is a moronic loser. A good majority of them at least. They don't understand what they're watching and boo and bitch whenever anything happens that goes beyond their understanding.
    Well, this sport does appeal to the most primitive side of humans so it's no wonder that there are a lot of idiots who watch MMA. Every sport has its fair share of idiots, I've been to plenty of soccer matches and there's a sizable amount of morons at every match. It just feels like there's a bigger portion of meat heads at MMA events than in so many other sports. Maybe except for Nascar and the wrestling freak shows but that doesn't count as competitive sports.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    I just spoke to a friend who went to the event and hes been to a few Vegas shows, he said last night it was an all mexican crowd. So you didnt have your usual vegas people attending the event.
    I dont think there is a typical Vegas crowd of any of the UFC venues Vegas has to be one of the most diverse. I have tons of friends and family who live in Vegas and none of them even the MMA fans have attended an event. Every event Ive attended in Vegas always had huge support for the big name/main event fighters. Tons of Hawaii people myself included for BJ Penn fights, Canadians for GSP, Brazilians for Big Nog, Mexicans for Tito.

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogWrestler View Post
    this. And it doesn't help that Dana sells the spectacle (rather than the sport) going after these idiots' money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sexxxxxxy, sexy momma.