Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

embedding disabled

greatest ever on this topic

Last edited by 19nate79; 01-04-2013 at 04:42 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Yes, I just compared rasslin to the Army.
    And for good reason:

Quote Originally Posted by Greezy View Post
    what about all the kids who went to Europe to fight the Germans knowing that the japs did the attacks to American ships. they fought because their parents fought and it was the American thing to do when your country called.. they didn't care who started the war. these kids join today because the military offers you money.
    Well Germany as a super power with the kind of leadership they had could potentially become a threat to the US. Also they were allies with Japan.
    It was much more reasonable to fight that war than to invade and stay in Afghanistan and hear morons saying that the soldiers are protecting your freedom, as if it was ever seriously threatened by these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    Well Germany as a super power with the kind of leadership they had could potentially become a threat to the US. Also they were allies with Japan.
    It was much more reasonable to fight that war than to invade and stay in Afghanistan and hear morons saying that the soldiers are protecting your freedom, as if it was ever seriously threatened by these guys.
    The biggest threat to the freedom of Americans is the American government. The fact that isn't clear to some people is astonishing.

stop watching jesse ventura

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    stop watching jesse ventura
    It's not astonishing that you wouldn't get it.

I don't watch wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post

I don't watch wrestling.
    jesse's conspiracy show is crazy. one episode he was in denver demanding people to show him hidden caves under the airport. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Greezy View Post
    my grandfather saw more death in one day than these kids see in a life time. the soliders today are soft and weak mentally.
    Not knowing **** all about Geezy's grandparents (for all I know they operated a gas chamber in a concentration camp or watched Hiroshima burn in atomic fire, or survived one of those events). Prior to Vietnam, soldiers in world war 2 generally tried to not kill people. Only 15% to 20% of soldiers fired at the enemy. The rest tried to miss. Training changed prior to Vietnam so that the intent to kill rose to 90%.

http://www.citizen-soldier.org/On-Killing.html

Generally, if a soldier can see an enemy, they tried to find a way to not kill the guy. But if it was at a great distance (artillery, bombing, etc), they hesitation was not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by clamcakes View Post
    It has more to do with modern U.S. soldiers having to risk their lives for wars that have little to do with defending their country, and being expected to shoot a bunch of ragheads and come home like nothing happened.
    I disagree with the first part of your statement. I think it has more to do with the longer period of time spent in direct combat (ie, in situations where other people were trying to kill you). On top of that, more veterans are surviving but are doing so with plenty of lost limbs or scarring. Also, I would assume that for many people not everyone is going to crumble under the weight of the mental and emotional trauma immediately; for some, the spiral down would take a while.

Think about it. First a few of your friends die, maybe you have a few close calls yourself. Then you take a serious wound. You recover, but then the nightmares start, and the damn wound hurts all the goddamned time. Then you turn to alcohol, or drugs, or other self destructive behaviour. The constant rage causes you to push away your loved ones who will never understand what the **** you saw that you still cannot talk about. Or maybe you find out your girlfriend was nailing your old high school buddies while you were 'stop lossed'. You have an outburst at work and suddenly your fired. No job, no loved ones, an addiction problem. Then you decide '**** this ****' and eat your gun.

That chain of events probably does not happen over a 3 day weekend. Afghanistan and Iraq are winding down, but the damage of PTSD takes a while to do all of its damage. I expect suicides among veterans to go up before they go down.

END COMMUNICATION

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post

I don't watch wrestling.
    not astonishing that another shot went straight over your bow unnoticed.