Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Default I bet she's glad you didn't take her gun..

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/m...unshots/nTnGR/

The Loganville mother of two assumed the knocks on her front door Friday afternoon were from a solicitor.

“Don’t answer,” she yelled to her 9-year-old twins playing downstairs.

When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work.

“Get the kids and hide,” he told his wife.

As he dialed 911, his 37-year-old spouse, who works from home, collected the children and hid with them in a crawlspace adjoining her office. By that time, the intruder had forced his way into the three-story residence on Henderson Ridge Drive with a crowbar, authorities said. He allegedly rummaged through the home, eventually working his way up to the attic office.

“He opens the closet door and finds himself staring down the barrel of a .38 revolver,” said Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman, who relayed the woman’s narrative to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. He asked that her name be withheld.

The woman fired six bullets, five of which hit Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area, Chapman said. But Slater was still conscious.

“The guy’s face down, crying,” the sheriff said. The woman told him to stay down or she’d shoot again.

Slater, unaware that she had emptied her chamber, obliged as the mother and her children ran to a neighbor’s house.

The injured burglar eventually made it out of the home and into his car, driving away before deputies arrived on the scene. He didn’t get far.

“When you got five bullets in you, it makes you kind of disoriented,” Chapman told the AJC.

Deputies found Slater bleeding profusely in a neighbor’s driveway.

“I’m dying. Help me,” he told them, according to Chapman.

Slater was transported to Gwinnett Medical Center and is expected to survive, the sheriff said.

The Long Island native, who now lives in Gwinnett County, was released from the Gwinnett jail in late August after serving six months for simple battery and three counts of probation violation. Slater has six other arrests in Gwinnett dating back to 2008, according to jail records.

“My wife’s a hero,” the woman’s husband, Donnie Herman, told Channel 2 Action News in a brief statement. He did not respond to a request for comment from the AJC. “She protected her kids. She did what she was supposed to do.”

Chapman remarked that one of his deputies, impressed with the woman’s resolve, told the sheriff she had handled her first shooting better than he had.

“That mother’s instinct kicked in,” Chapman said. “You go after a mother’s kids and she’ll find herself capable of doing things she never thought she was capable of.”

I'm sure the families of the children and teachers of Sandy Hook Elementary are happy as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Damn straight, that's how it should be done. I've seen my wife's momma bear instincts come out on occasion and it's a scary thing. This woman did good.

Hell, arm every mother with a gun and send them to a warzone and tell them the bad guys are trying to kill their kids and the war would be over in 12 hours with no need to mop up.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ATL shawty!!

But seriously, good for her.

Maybe black man will do a "Regarding Henry" and turn into a nice person.

I don't understand this story. The doorbell rings, she calls her husband and hides in a closet with a gun? Is this normal behaviour over there? How about just getting a decent door? Or yell to the person ringing the doorbell that you are armed? And five shots in the face and he still gets away (a bit)?!

Quote Originally Posted by Takenover View Post

I think I'm safe in assuming this is the "before" photo.

Quote Originally Posted by JC-Freakhead View Post
    I don't understand this story. The doorbell rings, she calls her husband and hides in a closet with a gun? Is this normal behaviour over there?
    Unless it's Halloween, and then you just open the door and shoot them dead:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoshihiro_Hattori

Born in Nagoya, Japan to Masaichi and Mieko Hattori, Yoshihiro was 16 years old when he went to Baton Rouge as part of the American Field Service (AFS) student exchange program; he had also received a scholarship from the Morita Foundation for his trip. He was the middle child between a brother and a sister, and was described as a gregarious teen who played on his high school rugby team and loved fishing.
    [edit]Fatal incident

Two months into his stay in the United States, he received an invitation, along with Webb Haymaker, his homestay brother, to a Halloween party organized for Japanese exchange students on October 17, 1992. Hattori went dressed in a tuxedo in imitation of John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever. Upon their arrival in the quiet working-class neighborhood where the party was held, the boys mistook the Peairses' residence for their intended destination due to the similarity of the address and the Halloween decorations on the outside of the house, and proceeded to step out of their car and walk to the front door.[1]
    Hattori and Haymaker rang the front doorbell but, seemingly receiving no response, began to walk back to their car. Meanwhile, inside the house, their arrival had not gone unnoticed. Bonnie Peairs had peered out the side door and saw them. Mrs. Peairs, startled, retreated inside, locked the door, and said to her husband, "Rodney, get your gun." Hattori and Haymaker were walking to their car when the carport door was opened again, this time by Mr. Peairs. He was armed with a loaded and cocked .44 magnum revolver. He pointed it at Hattori, and yelled "Freeze." Simultaneously, Hattori, likely thinking he said "please", stepped back towards the house, saying "We're here for the party." Haymaker, seeing the weapon, shouted after Hattori, but Peairs fired his weapon at point blank range at Hattori, hitting him in the chest, and then ran back inside.[2]Haymaker rushed to Hattori, badly wounded and lying where he fell, on his back. Haymaker ran to the home next door to the Peairses' house for help. Neither Mr. Peairs nor his wife came out of their house until the police arrived, about 40 minutes after the shooting. Mrs. Peairs shouted to a neighbor to "go away" when the neighbor called for help. One of the Peairses' children later told police that her mother asked, "Why did you shoot him?"
    The shot had pierced the upper and lower lobes of Hattori's left lung, and exited through the area of the seventh rib; he died in the ambulance minutes later, from loss of blood.[3]

-----------------

And then you don't go to jail. America, Fuck Yeah!

Read the whole Wiki article. It's a fascinating look into how paranoid Americans are.
    Last edited by don king; 01-07-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Funny shiit Don...

This is why we have this so there is no crying. 44mag to the face fuker.
    Women dont always make good decisions when under pressure, but she did just what was needed. Hollering at the door would have ran him off. Baiting him in was the right thing to do, plus it saved another home owner from losing all their shiit.

Quote Originally Posted by JC-Freakhead View Post
    I don't understand this story. The doorbell rings, she calls her husband and hides in a closet with a gun? Is this normal behaviour over there? How about just getting a decent door? Or yell to the person ringing the doorbell that you are armed? And five shots in the face and he still gets away (a bit)?!
    When it's a black man, all bets are off, apparently.

I'm willing to bet that there is a ton of creative license taken in this story and it's full of BS. No one knocks on a door, rings a doorbell, and decides to break in. Also, no one "doesn't answer" a door knock and then hides when the doorbell rings. Also, no one gets shot 5 fvcking times in the face and then makes it to their car to drive away.

The sh1t is getting deep in here.