Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Quote Originally Posted by spasgur View Post
    That still doesn't seem like a good reason to get an AK in the case of a hurricane or another natural disaster. I can see why someone would want a handgun if they live in a rough neighborhood, the police can't always get to your house in time if you are in acute danger. I also don't fault the lady this thread is about for shooting the intruder who forced his way into her home with a crowbar. She had a kid, she had a gun, she was probably panicking and was pushed into a corner by being in the crawl space.

But still, what the hell do you need an AK for in the case of a hurricane? I've experienced several hurricanes both here in Denmark and in the Faroe Islands (small island nation north of Scotland) and we've had power outages for a prolonged time and I've never wished that I had a fücking assault rifle or even a small gun. Never.

Even now that I live in Copenhagen again, I live in one of the poorer neighborhoods with a good deal of stabbings, gang violence and occasional shootings I still don't ever think about wanting a gun for safety.
    You have far too much faith in your fellow man. I want the ak because i don't have to take care if it and a pistol is not as effective as dirty harry portrays it. Seriously, go to a range and fire a whole magazine at a target 30 feet away. That's not even while under duress or in the dark etc.... the rifle is much more accurate at a much greater distance.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    You have far too much faith in your fellow man. I want the ak because i don't have to take care if it and a pistol is not as effective as dirty harry portrays it. Seriously, go to a range and fire a whole magazine at a target 30 feet away. That's not even while under duress or in the dark etc.... the rifle is much more accurate at a much greater distance.
    I don't really care about the accuracy or efficiency of an AK I know about the practicality of the gun and its durability. I'm just saying it hasn't crossed my mind to have a weapon of any kind ready whenever a hurricane has hit. Granted, I've never experienced anything as serious as Katrina, so I can't say what I'd do in that situation. Judging how bad the government handled that situation, it was almost what you'd expect from a developing country, and all the looting, perhaps it a gun would have come in handy, IDK.

In general I feel no need for me to own a gun, I just don't feel scared or threatened in any way for me to want to buy a gun. Even though I live in one of the rougher neighborhoods in Denmark I don't really think about it. I would probably feel safer with a magnum in a drawer but I just don't think I need one.

Also just to point it out, I have no clue if there are any shooting ranges open to everybody in Denmark. There are ranges at police academies and I believe there are ranges at the places you go when you want a licence to hunt. There just isn't a gun mentality here at all.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That still doesn't seem like a good reason to get an AK in the case of a hurricane or another natural disaster. I can see why someone would want a handgun if they live in a rough neighborhood, the police can't always get to your house in time if you are in acute danger. I also don't fault the lady this thread is about for shooting the intruder who forced his way into her home with a crowbar. She had a kid, she had a gun, she was probably panicking and was pushed into a corner by being in the crawl space.

But still, what the hell do you need an AK for in the case of a hurricane? I've experienced several hurricanes both here in Denmark and in the Faroe Islands (small island nation north of Scotland) and we've had power outages for a prolonged time and I've never wished that I had a fücking assault rifle or even a small gun. Never.

Even now that I live in Copenhagen again, I live in one of the poorer neighborhoods with a good deal of stabbings, gang violence and occasional shootings I still don't ever think about wanting a gun for safety.

Well, the lady this happened to probably thought the same thing, I mean why wouldn't you? She probably sais now " I'm so fuking glad we had the gun to shoot the negro in the face".

I don't need a gun unless the other guy has one.
    I've been in a situation where i wish i had one, but i was fortunate enough to leave just before **** went down. Now i avoid those people and i have almost zero chance of needing a gun. That said i want one stashed for a ****ty day. A whole lot better for it to rust in a closet than to need it and not have it.

Quote Originally Posted by 19nate79 View Post
    I don't need a gun unless the other guy has one.
    I've been in a situation where i wish i had one, but i was fortunate enough to leave just before **** went down. Now i avoid those people and i have almost zero chance of needing a gun. That said i want one stashed for a ****ty day. A whole lot better for it to rust in a closet than to need it and not have it.
    Yeah, I want you to have that option too.

Everyones safe now, this guy will lead the fight...

I don't really care about the accuracy or efficiency of an AK I know about the practicality of the gun and its durability. I'm just saying it hasn't crossed my mind to have a weapon of any kind ready whenever a hurricane has hit. Granted, I've never experienced anything as serious as Katrina, so I can't say what I'd do in that situation. Judging how bad the government handled that situation, it was almost what you'd expect from a developing country, and all the looting, perhaps it a gun would have come in handy, IDK.

In general I feel no need for me to own a gun, I just don't feel scared or threatened in any way for me to want to buy a gun. Even though I live in one of the rougher neighborhoods in Denmark I don't really think about it. I would probably feel safer with a magnum in a drawer but I just don't think I need one.

Also just to point it out, I have no clue if there are any shooting ranges open to everybody in Denmark. There are ranges at police academies and I believe there are ranges at the places you go when you want a licence to hunt. There just isn't a gun mentality here at all.
    Thats because your ancestors were axe and sword carrying berzerker mauraders and ours were religious outcasts shipped off to a scary new land and carried muskets. We are a young nation, broadswords were never part of our culture.

i wonder if there was sword control in europe back when that was the most advanced weapon that a common person could afford