Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Pretty good start. As stated, you could tell from the start that it was a higher production. Chael was funny with a few of his comments, such as goading Jones regarding his guy. Both coaches came off pretty well. It was cool to see Jones kinda help a few guys in the fight, but at same time maybe he coulda thrown some suggestions to the guys on the bottom getting mauled.

A bunch of fighters seem high quality, hopefully that follows through the upcoming fights.

Liked the new format a lot. The friends and family part gave me reasons to root for one of the fighters in most of the fights and everything is better with a little crowd noice. The fights were pretty good too and Tor won his, so I'll keep watching. This felt more serious and real sports like, and I'm so glad that awful nu metal song was no longer the intro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan. View Post
    I just tuned in but these last two black dudes have looked impressive...Uriah and that guy Dana said looks like Tyson. How did the earlier fights turn out? Pulling for the lanky British dude in this one.
    I didn't care for Tyson so much but I thought Uriah aka Adrian Peterson look rather impressive in striking and ground work. I even thought the big white kid(Andy Enz)that took on Adrian Peterson looked pretty good. I think if he fought anyone else he would be in the house. As Chael said he just ran into a brick wall with Uriah.

Last edited by TheIcon; 01-23-2013 at 01:14 PM.

This forum needs to be closed down, and the TUF threads moved to the main mma forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    This forum needs to be closed down, and the TUF threads moved to the main mma forum.
    I agree.

LOVED the new production of the show. Makes it seem MUCH more big time than it did before. Essentially they produced it the way they do the Prime Time shows.

Family for the fights helped kill the dead silence that was usually present for the entry fights.

Great job!

Man, I really enjoyed that. TUF needed a makeover and they got one. Chael had me cracking up. I have high hopes for this season.

I thought the new style was interesting at first, but it got tired damn quickly. Those stupid circle of reflected lights around everyone's pupils, the faux doco camera work with the post process added movement, zoom and focus shifts... it was ludicrous by the end. I really hope they don't continue it, it completely pulled my attention from anything that was going on.

Next time you're watching look for snap zooms and focus problems. They happen every 20 seconds or so. And the constantly moving camera, even when the cameraman's clearly standing still.

Like everyone else, I really enjoyed the first 2hour premier. Just for the quality of fights ALONE vs. last season (hell maybe even going back 2-3 seasons). I think the UFC made a smart move in adding finishing bonuses in addition to the best FOY, KOY, SOY etc.

It was interesting to see family there. It's _so_ hard imagining what they are going through, I felt so sad for that guy with the 2 young sons that lost a close fight. He took it well. But from his sons' perspective it must be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallica1981 View Post
    I'll be rooting for Jimmy Quinlan since we share our surname. Didn't know there was a Quinlan on this season
    Jimmy is a beast. I've trained with him before.