Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Finally watched the season opener. Definitely some real talent among the top four or five guys on the show. This will more than make up for last season, where they didn't have any quality fighters, other than Ricci maybe. Colton overachieved to win it, IMO.

So all these guys who come on TUF and start talking about hardly being able to pay the bills or not keeping up with them, WTF are they gonna do now? **** just got real.

So far I'm amazed at how cool Sonnen seems to be. Jones of course attracts all the douchebags (already bitching and moaning about matchups), and it was no surprise when after matching his shortest guy against Chael's tallest guy and watching him get manhandled everything was the fighter's fault. I hope team Sonnen shuts these guys out and then Chael finds a way to get this douchecannon to the ground and pound him out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Surprisingly, the 25 year old who's never faced any adversity other than random internet people not particularly liking him isn't particularly great at making strategic coaching decisions and inspiring a group of fighters who are mostly older than him and have faced adversity.

And the 35 year old guy who's known for his personality, has faced a great deal of adversity, has a tonne of experience and got a gift of a first fighter pick and let's face it, the equivalent of first fight pick as well, seems like he's pretty personable and experienced at coaching.

I. Am. Shocked.

How could this possibly happen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by shamrocked View Post
    so far i'm amazed at how cool sonnen seems to be. Jones of course attracts all the douchebags (already bitching and moaning about matchups), and it was no surprise when after matching his shortest guy against chael's tallest guy and watching him get manhandled everything was the fighter's fault. I hope team sonnen shuts these guys out and then chael finds a way to get this douchecannon to the ground and pound him out.
    ^^^^this x 1,000,000

Personally I just wanted Josh Samman and Bubba McDaniel to STFU. Crying and whining how its their livelyhood and don't want the first fight ruining their chances. Most fighters want to prove they are the best fighter in the house. These two characters act like they are only better than the guys they selected to fight and unless they fight those guys they have no chance at winning. Fight who is in front of you and beat them. I wonder if they would biotch at Dana if they asked him to fight a fighter he didn't choose first.

As far as coaches I don't think either one has been a douche. Sonnen seems decent which I always have believed he is. He just plays a gimmick. Jones I think has been fine as well. I think people are nitpicking with him since they don't like him.

As a HUGE college wrestling fan, it was cool to see Bubba Jenkins on the show. Though I am surprised Jones would have him as a coach. Bubba has a huge reputation as being lazy. I soooooooooooooo hope in a few years David Taylor gets a rematch against Bubba, but this time in the cage

Quote Originally Posted by TheIcon View Post
    Personally I just wanted Josh Samman and Bubba McDaniel to STFU. Crying and whining how its their livelyhood and don't want the first fight ruining their chances. Most fighters want to prove they are the best fighter in the house. These two characters act like they are only better than the guys they selected to fight and unless they fight those guys they have no chance at winning. Fight who is in front of you and beat them. I wonder if they would biotch at Dana if they asked him to fight a fighter he didn't choose first.

As far as coaches I don't think either one has been a douche. Sonnen seems decent which I always have believed he is. He just plays a gimmick. Jones I think has been fine as well. I think people are nitpicking with him since they don't like him.
    Yep award for biggest douchebags goes to Bubba and Josh. Seriously STFU. Its called fighting him winning or losing does nothing for you, you fight who's in front of you. And after that fight you fight the next guy. Seriously how is he affecting you any bit. And even from first episode, who the **** is Josh to give the coaches who we want to fight.

THis whole match up thing is such overrated garbage other than if you don't have faith in yourself, than sure you wanna match up against the so called weakest link.

Looking forward to next week, kinda wish they didn't give away that its the big knockout of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocked View Post
    So far I'm amazed at how cool Sonnen seems to be. Jones of course attracts all the douchebags (already bitching and moaning about matchups), and it was no surprise when after matching his shortest guy against Chael's tallest guy and watching him get manhandled everything was the fighter's fault. I hope team Sonnen shuts these guys out and then Chael finds a way to get this douchecannon to the ground and pound him out.
    i thought it was quite obvious awhile back that Chael is simply a great actor. He simply knows how to sell a fight and push the right buttons. You can tell from blogs and interviews, etc that he really is a nice guy. He just seems to have a switch for when he can go into the mode of selling a fight.
    Andy Wang #1 P4P

Quote Originally Posted by Best80smovieRAD View Post
    i thought it was quite obvious awhile back that Chael is simply a great actor. He simply knows how to sell a fight and push the right buttons. You can tell from blogs and interviews, etc that he really is a nice guy. He just seems to have a switch for when he can go into the mode of selling a fight.
    My favorite thing with Chael; anytime he's talking about tough, he calls it the toughest tournament in sports.

I love the dig at Bellator. hahahaha

I'm ****ing pumped for this KO!