Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheIcon View Post
    Personally I just wanted Josh Samman and Bubba McDaniel to STFU. Crying and whining how its their livelyhood and don't want the first fight ruining their chances. Most fighters want to prove they are the best fighter in the house. These two characters act like they are only better than the guys they selected to fight and unless they fight those guys they have no chance at winning. Fight who is in front of you and beat them.
    One of my wishes has come true. Bubba lost. Damn guy was annoying. Love the guys that cry and biotch only to lose. Josh is second on my list. Look forward to him losing next week.

I dont mind Bubba, Samman though annoys the **** out of me. What annoys me though is already knowing that every guy is going to get another shot. So even if he loses next week, he will be fighting again for the ufc

One of my wishes has come true. Bubba lost. Damn guy was annoying. Love the guys that cry and biotch only to lose. Josh is second on my list. Look forward to him losing next week.
    I have to think Bubba will be one of the favorites to be the wild card though. We may see these two guys fight again.

I'm in the same boat, I didn't care for Bubba or Josh and were hoping they would lose in the first round. 1/2 complete lets hope Tor takes care of business next week.

I was happy he lost also. Until Jones started talking bout the wildcard round. F don't want him to get it. Meanwhile it was a pretty fun fight, lots of reversals.

Tried to watch another episode.

How you guys can put up with the filming style is beyond me.

Am I the only person who watched this Bubba/Young Guy fight and thought it was a pretty laughable amateur hour? Young Guy's take downs were sloppy and Bubba literally just lay down or fell backwards for him several times. Bubba consistently pulled guard after being stuffed. Young Guy's top control was pathetic, allowing Bubba's mediocre sweep attempts to be successful. Bubba's top control was also pathetic, allowing Young Guy to muscle out and sweep. Even Young Guy's choke wasn't a blood choke, it was a friggin larynx crusher. It seemed like a comedy of errors to me... maybe it was the constant snap zooms that made it look that way, I dunno.

Only vaguely impressive thing was the early kick-off and stand-up by Bubba.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I thought it was a fun fight and was glad to see Bubba finished. Also enjoyed the diving punch at the end of round 1.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    Tried to watch another episode.

How you guys can put up with the filming style is beyond me.

Am I the only person who watched this Bubba/Young Guy fight and thought it was a pretty laughable amateur hour? Young Guy's take downs were sloppy and Bubba literally just lay down or fell backwards for him several times. Bubba consistently pulled guard after being stuffed. Young Guy's top control was pathetic, allowing Bubba's mediocre sweep attempts to be successful. Bubba's top control was also pathetic, allowing Young Guy to muscle out and sweep. Even Young Guy's choke wasn't a blood choke, it was a friggin larynx crusher. It seemed like a comedy of errors to me... maybe it was the constant snap zooms that made it look that way, I dunno.

Only vaguely impressive thing was the early kick-off and stand-up by Bubba.
    Not sure what you don't like about the filming style. I think its a much improvement.

Fight was fun, but I admit if I was Chael I woulda prolly told Kelvin to stop taking him down, because he always ended up getting reversed.

Fun fight though, and great outcome.

Most people don't know anything about cinematography, aperture, framing, or direction, so they're unlikely to be bothered by the way the show looks now. I don't like the new look much either, but it's for sure a step up from the bare bones production Spike was paying for.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Yeah, it's gone from under-stylized to over-stylized. I'm certain some of the zooms and focus shifts are post-production too, so it's not just the cameramen deliberately making the shot look "reality".

Ah well.

I agree the fight was fun. I'm saying the fighters were incredibly unimpressive.