Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

The season is over.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Am I the only one who DID expect Sonnen to be an incredible coach and a great person for the fighters to talk to?

From the day it was announced that he was coaching, I thought Sonnen was going to come off as the greatest mentor in TUF history.
    From 4 weeks ago:

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl View Post
    Surprisingly, the 25 year old who's never faced any adversity other than random internet people not particularly liking him isn't particularly great at making strategic coaching decisions and inspiring a group of fighters who are mostly older than him and have faced adversity.

And the 35 year old guy who's known for his personality, has faced a great deal of adversity, has a tonne of experience and got a gift of a first fighter pick and let's face it, the equivalent of first fight pick as well, seems like he's pretty personable and experienced at coaching.

I. Am. Shocked.

How could this possibly happen?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Conversely, could Sonnen be coming off as more likable due to Jones' tepid personality? I've never heard as many generic, empty motivational phrases as I've heard from Jones. Jones may be a good fighter, but his personality is amazingly dull. He's down there with Dan Henderson and Shane Carwin as the least interesting coaches in TUF history. And at least those guys said the occasional funny thing!
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Conversely, could Sonnen be coming off as more likable due to Jones' tepid personality? I've never heard as many generic, empty motivational phrases as I've heard from Jones. Jones may be a good fighter, but his personality is amazingly dull. He's down there with Dan Henderson and Shane Carwin as the least interesting coaches in TUF history. And at least those guys said the occasional funny thing!
    4 week ago...

Quote Originally Posted by tantryl
    Surprisingly, the 25 year old who's never faced any adversity other than random internet people not particularly liking him isn't particularly great at making strategic coaching decisions and inspiring a group of fighters who are mostly older than him and have faced adversity.

:P

Touché.
    アッシュ

Josh seems like a douche, but he's 24, an MMA fighter, and on TV, so maybe he gets a bit of a pass. I'd probably act like a douche too if I was that age in in those circumstances.

Uriah seems like a good guy and a talent fighter, but he clearly needs some therapy. He's socially awkward and over sensitive. He can't seem to navigate social interaction well and misunderstands what's happening around him.

I'm shock that Tor didn't put up a better fight. He seemed asleep. Not sure why he wasn't able to throw that switch.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletonrock View Post
    Josh seems like a douche, but he's 24, an MMA fighter, and on TV, so maybe he gets a bit of a pass. I'd probably act like a douche too if I was that age in in those circumstances.

Uriah seems like a good guy and a talent fighter, but he clearly needs some therapy. He's socially awkward and over sensitive. He can't seem to navigate social interaction well and misunderstands what's happening around him.

I'm shock that Tor didn't put up a better fight. He seemed asleep. Not sure why he wasn't able to throw that switch.
    You're none of those things, and still a douche.

sorry, had to

Josh is 24? Yikes... I thought he was probably 10 years older than that.
    アッシュ

Yea I thought Josh was older as well. Was surprised to see he was only 24.

At this point based on the show and how they use clips Chael looks like one of the Top 3 best Coaches on the show.

Good god, that sig.... thank you adblock plus!
    アッシュ