Pro Quality. Fan Perspective.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default The Perfect Host

Movie is a few years old, but I just watched it..Anyone else seen it?

I watched it on Netflix last night and it was amazing.

It's a black comedy/thriller starring David Hyde Pierce. He basically plays the character Niles from Frasier, if Niles was a creepy schizophrenic guy lol.

Without any spoilers, the plot is basically this:

A criminal is on the run after robbing a bank. He needs a place to hide out awhile so he starts going to houses trying to get people to let him in. Warwick(Pierce) lets him in. The criminal dude is like "I'm gonna kill you if you don't stay out of my way until morning" and all that, but it turns out Warwick isn't the kind of guy you want to mess with.

I recommend it to everyone lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

That sounds like a good way to kill some time. I'll torrent it.

I remember seeing a trailer for this some years ago, but I had no idea it actually got released. I thought it was one of those movies stuck in funding purgatory. I'll have to check it out now.
    アッシュ

Originally Posted by Cbear
    Enter the Bear. Game over.

4. Default

Well, let us know what ya think once you watch it guys.

GO Hunt!
    R.I.P. Cameron

I'm going to eat your children!!!!

This movie tries to be clever but fails massively. The beginning is entertaining but as the plot thickens, with each twist it gets more and more retarded. I didn't hate it and even got all the way through, although it took two viewings. I highly recommend it to anyone stuck on a desert island with a solar powered TV and DVD player, no other movies or entertainment, and nothing else to do with the rest of their life.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    This movie tries to be clever but fails massively. The beginning is entertaining but as the plot thickens, with each twist it gets more and more retarded. I didn't hate it and even got all the way through, although it took two viewings. I highly recommend it to anyone stuck on a desert island with a solar powered TV and DVD player, no other movies or entertainment, and nothing else to do with the rest of their life.
    Yeah, but you always seem like an uptight douche.

I thought the movie was hilarious. I'm not surprised you didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by IchiTheKiller View Post
    Yeah, but you always seem like an uptight douche.

I thought the movie was hilarious. I'm not surprised you didn't like it.
    Okay, I wasn't going to say this, because I was trying to be polite. This is a great movie for stupid people. The multiple plot twists are retarded, but if you are a retard, then I'm sure it's awesome.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by don king View Post
    Okay, I wasn't going to say this, because I was trying to be polite. This is a great movie for stupid people. The multiple plot twists are retarded, but if you are a retard, then I'm sure it's awesome.
    I don't give a sh!t about plot twists or anything. I thought it was a really funny movie.

You seem like you went into it expecting it to be a serious movie, and when it turned out to be a comedy you still didn't see that it was supposed to be and just thought of it as a retarded serious movie.

It's a comedy bro. I love the movie because it makes me laugh my balls off, not because of edge of your seat plot twists or some crap like that.

10. Default

I can only think of 3 things that could be considered twists...

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! seriously, spoiler alert

Warwick being a crazy guy (not a retarded twist. Without this it would just be a movie of a criminal hanging out in some dude's house until morning. So basically it is the whole premise of the movie, thus not even really a twist)

The Girlfriend turning in John and taking the money (not a brilliant twist or surprising at all really, but it doesn't suddenly make the movie not funny)

Warwick being a cop (I admit, this twist was lame. But one lame twist doesn't ruin the whole movie for me. It doesn't suddenly make everything that happened before it not funny. As I said, I love this movie because it is hilarious, not because it is some intense thriller with crazy plot twists)

END SPOILERS

So yeah. One lame twist towards the very end of the movie doesn't suddenly make everything that happened before it not funny.

As I said, you usually seem like an uptight dude and I am not surprised the humor in this movie didn't seem funny to you. To me it seems the comedy went over your head, you didn't find it funny because you thought it was being serious. But hey, we all have a different sense of humor I guess. I LOVE Tim and Eric while most people I know hate them. I thought this movie was hilarious, you didn't.

Hating a comedy because of a lame twist is like hating a horror movie because of a cheesy joke. The cheesy joke wasn't the main point of the movie, just like the twist wasn't the main point of this movie.
    Last edited by IchiTheKiller; 01-12-2013 at 07:07 PM.